“Great Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Buffalo NY
“Great Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Most people think Tony's is just a pizzeria, it's not. That's why I call Tony's the "hidden gem". I've tasted Italian food all over Western New York and none can compare with Tony's. Another Italian restaurant in Cheektowaga is always packed full of people so that you can't even get a parking place and their decor is horrendous, but they get the great reviews. Tony's Italian dishes are so much better and not as many know about it so you can always get a parking place and good booth or table.

The waitresses and hostesses are all friendly, helpful and professional. The place is spotless and the owner comes in and gives the place the "white glove" every time I've been there. Once he saw something he didn't like on the salad bar and had the workers redo the whole thing.

My favorite dishes there are the Chicken Franciase Chicken cutlets dipped in a Parmigiana egg batter with lemon butter sauce. Served with a side of spaghetti. 13.00. The portions are huge... I had four cutlets and a huge side of spaghetti. It comes with a large dinner salad and garlic rolls. I was eating this for 2 days. :)

These dishes are excellent as well and portions overly generous:
Chicken Cacciatore - Charbroiled chicken breast chunks, sauteed onions, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and tomato sauce, all served over Spaghetti. 12.00

Chicken Parmigiana - Lightly breaded chicken breast, fried and topped with tomato sauce and melted Mozzarella, served with a side of Spaghetti. 13.00

Chicken Marsala - Chicken cutlets with mushrooms in a buttery Marsala sauce. Served with a side of spaghetti. 13.00

My daughter-in-law loves the Red, White & Bleu - A real American-Italian dish. Tortellini Alfredo with a splash of tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkled with crumbly Bleu cheese. 13.00

Then there are the nights, especially in the summer, when we aren't as hungry. We order the salad bar which is very good. I love pepperoni on my salad and they have a large variety of dressings. The soups that comes with the salad bar are homemade and delicious. I choose the minestrone, it's fantastic.

Sometimes we order the antipasto which is also generous in portion, with chicken wings, pizza or the chicken fingers. All are the best.

We love this place so much we visit two or three times a week and have gotten to know the staff quite well. Whenever we invite guests to dinner, we take them to Tony's. My 22 month old granddaughter, when asked what she wants for supper will say: Tonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy's.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NY
“Excellent family restaurant with a delicious menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

For the best meal, eat in the restaurant. The salad and soup bar with the fresh, warm rolls can be a meal in itself but save room to try the pasta. A light eaters/senior meal option offers an excellent meal (with salad bar trip and dessert) for a good price..

There is plenty of room for a large family gathering or a small party.

• Visited June 2011