“Excellent Place to Stay for Families” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Redmond, Washington
“Excellent Place to Stay for Families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the best place we have stayed as a family. Very friendly staff, a very good breakfast, the 2 bedroom suite is great for 5 family members. The kids enjoyed themselves and played in the pool. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Wifi was always working in the room and in the common areas (I've stayed at many places that have free wifi and the wifi is spotty at best, but at this place, it was just fine). Nick (the General Manager) is very friendly and helpful. He gave us good tips for visiting Niagara Falls and had great dining suggestions (we like to go to places that the locals go to). Would come back in a heartbeat. Thank you Nick!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Cheektowaga, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very happy you and the family so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our hotel amenities and wonderful local restaurants and attractions. We hope to see you again next time you are in Buffalo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Was among the many distressed passengers stuck in Buffalo due to the terrible weather. There was apparently no special rate for the suite, fine. The room was spacious and clean, no complaints there. The complimentary breakfast was better than other residence inn I have stayed in the past. The issue occurred after breakfast, when I called the front desk to arrange for the taxi at 9:20 am, the man said 15~20 minutes. I stepped out of the lobby ay 9:45 am and waited for 15 minutes. During which I stepped into lobby asking for assistance, and the desk said the taxi should be arriving any minute. NOT TRUE. Finally I lost patience and asked the number of airport taxi and called for taxi myself. The taxi service said the hotel must have contacted someone else. The man at the front desk said he was a trainee and that his manager must have made the call. The taxi finally arrived around 10:30...and I almost missed my flight, again! Not pleased with the service and management this hotel has to offer. There should be better options...

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay! I am happy you enjoyed your suite and the breakfast as well, but disappointed to hear your experience setting up transportation to the airport. Communication is key, and this a situation we will use to better our operations going forward. Please accept our apologies and if you find yourself back in Buffalo area, please contact me directly for reservations, we would love to host you again.
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here a couple of times but will not return after my last stay. I called the front desk to ask what time check-out was. I was told noon. The next morning, I went to the hotel gym and returned to my room at about 9AM to take a shower. After my shower (around 9:20AM), while I was completely naked, a strange man walked into my room. It was a new guest that was checking in that day and the hotel staff carelessly and negligently gave this man a key to my room. Needless to say I was mortified and was lucky that nothing bad happened other than complete embarassment.

I went to the front desk to complain about this and all that was said was "Oops! Sorry about that." What? That is not an "oops". That is dangerous and completely negligent.

I called to follow up about this incident with the hotel manager and she could have cared less. She offered 1,000 rewards points---to put this in perspective, I would need about 20,000 points to redeem a free night stay. I told her that I didn't want the reward points and that I would never be returning back to that hotel. I asked for my money back and she refused saying that they "Don't do that." I kept pestering about it because I KNOW that could not be true, and after almost pushing a lawsuit I was finally refunded for my stay. She also removed my rewards points from the previous occasions that I had stayed there.

This was a horrible experience and I would advise people to stay away, especially females--as this is dangerous and staff, including management, is not held accountable for their negligent actions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Cheektowaga, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I cannot apologize enough for this situation, on behalf of all management and staff! We have new management on site since your experience at our hotel and we have been working diligently to make changes to ensure an improved guest experience. I assure you that this is not a common occurrence, we strive to provide a safe and professional environment for all guests. Once again, please accept our apologies!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Typical Marriott Residence Inn - clean, comfortable and spacious. Good location if you want to be near the airport and the large mall. Great that there are two desks (tables) for using laptops and computer equipment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed our accommodations and also our vicinity to the airport and mall. Thank you for staying with us and please let us know if you need assistance with any upcoming reservations!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Bottom line up front, this is a nice hotel that is about 20 -25 minutes from Niagara Falls. It is clean, the rooms are large, and the staff is generally friendly. The only thing lacking is the food. Most Residence Inns have Monday through Thursday evening snacks and a hot breakfast. This one has a manager's reception twice per week and, even then, they don't really have much and struggle to keep anything full. The breakfast was okay, but definitely would rank in the bottom half if compared to comparable breakfasts at other hotels.

In short, if you're staying at this Residence Inn because you want a larger room or separate living/sleeping area, then this is a pretty good hotel. If you're a traveler that's staying at the Residence Inn because you're cheap and are hoping to score a free dinner at the Manager's Reception and a decent free breakfast, you may be better of finding another place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel's convenient location and large suites. In regards to the Social Hour offerings, we have made some exciting recent changes which address some of your concerns! I invite you contact me at the hotel if you wish to discuss any of the changes. Thank you again for choosing Residence Inn!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed in the studio suite which had a King sized bed and a sofa bed. Room was very spacious and bed was set off nicely in a side nook. Our 6 year old sleep on the sofa bed she reported it to be very comfy. We were there during March Break so the breakfast area was a bit chaotic in the morning, but we just took our food back to our room and toasted our bagels/bread there and enjoyed a quiet breakfast in our own dining area. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you would need.
We did ask for extra blankets which took a follow up call to finally get, but they did arrive eventually. The heating controls were actually quite good in the room, so we ended up being warm enough during the night. Room also had a fireplace, which was a nice cozy touch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel! We are very happy that the whole family found our accommodations suitable for their needs and very comfortable. We appreciate your loyalty, look forward to seeing you again!
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just stayed here with our hockey team for a tournament and it was amazing! I honestly can't say enough about the staff. They were extremely friendly and very accommodating. The manager made planning our stay and events very easy, he went above and beyond to help! The rooms were large, very clean and well kept. The hot breakfast was an extra bonus and the location is perfect, especially if you plan on shopping. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Your praise will definitely be shared with the staff for their job well done! We hope to see you on a return visit for your tournament next year! Thank you for choosing Residence Inn!

Been to Residence Inn Buffalo Cheektowaga? Share your experiences!