“quick and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Cheektowaga
“quick and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I stay here everytime we come up to buffalo for an overnight shopping trip. No frills but clean and comfortable rooms and great staff. We never really eat breakfast, but the smells are always tempting in the morning.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Katelyn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear matt f

We’re delighted that you and your wife have chosen the Fairfield Inn & Suites as your go to place to stay on shopping trips. Our location is very convenient to many of the nearby shopping areas with only a few minutes’ drive in either direction. We would love for you to join us for breakfast on your next trip. We recently added new menu items including scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. We extend our service hours until 11 AM on the weekends in the summer so you can still sleep in later after you spent the day before shopping until you dropped. Thanks for taking time to post a review and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

All the best,

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Let's just be clear on something: until recently, getting a hotel in Buffalo that didn't feel unbelievably cheap or outdated was a bit of a task. While the Fairfield is definitely a step up from the horrors of Buffalo-Hotel-Past, I wasn't too impressed.

I give my kudos to management to paying attention to my booking request - I was working on an academic paper when I stayed @ Fairfield Buffalo and had requested a quiet room (as much as possible - it's not always realistic to request a single room away from crowded, booked-up parts of the hotel) so that I could work without distraction. They were wonderful about putting me in a deserted part of the hotel and the staff were prompt & very pleasant with check-in. It's a minor detail, but really meant a lot that they were paying attention to the requests.

Also, the hotel is kept up very nicely - inside the room, lobby and eating areas. It's so nice to walk into a really well kept up hotel! I've been in other, older hotels in Buffalo (like the Marriott. in Amherst.....gah!) and it was so nice to see a hotel that has seemed to enter the 21st century. I also appreciated that the heating/air conditioning unit wasn't right next to the window (as is in most hotels). The pool area was in pretty good shape too - not perfect, had to hunt around for towels & stuff, but still, pretty decent.

With all this being said though, I'm not sure where all the five star reviews are coming from. The room I stayed in was incredibly small - smaller than a lot of hotel rooms I've stayed in in Europe (not a big deal for one person but two people + luggage?), the bathroom tile made me feel like I was in some bad movie from the 1980s and parking was a pain as the hotel is crammed in with two or three others right across from the airport. For the amount of money I paid, I wasn't too impressed.

If you're just staying overnight on business (and don't mind semi-clausterphobic rooms with creepy bathroom tile & curtains) or if you need to be near the airport, this will do just fine. If you're going to stay in Buffalo a few days, you have a car, and don't need to be right across from the airport (literally) - you may want to take a peak at some of the hotels in Amherst/Williamsville.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear varchen,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us on tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your need for a quite space to accomplish your work while you were in town. I can understand that one of our standard rooms may not be enough space if you are spending a lot of time in your room. May I suggest an upgrade to one of our studio suites on your next stay that would allow you to spread out a bit more and have some more room to breathe? We appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness and condition of the property and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here one night on a trip up North using Marriott Reward points and booked based on TA reviews.

GOOD
- Easy to find right off the highway, right across the street from BUF airport. You are in a Marriott compound so your neighbors are Townplace Suites and Courtyard. I can't imagine paying for Courtyard in the same location, and Townplace depends on your need for the Suite.
- Probably the nicest, most modern Fairfield I have seen. Of course, if I had been paying, the room rates were some of the highest I have ever seen for a Fairfield.
- Friendly and helpful staff all around.
- Nice, modern room with comfortable bed, nice flat-screen TV, comfortable bed, nice toiletries.
- Above average free breakfast with Turkey sausage (I appreciated, but interesting choice),Eggs, Muffins, Bagels, Oatmeal, Waffles...etc.
- Very clean.
- Nice, hot shower.

CONCERNS
- Actually, I had no issues at all and the only concern would be if your distance to other attractions as the airport isn't that exciting (we went to Falls, 25 minutes away).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear usflyer

Thank you for the kind review of your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. We just expanded the options on our breakfast buffet to have something for everyone, including turkey sausage for those looking for something a bit healthier to start their day. Although we are a bit of a drive to Niagara Falls many of our guests have found to us to be an easy alternative during the busy summer season. On your next trip up north we could direct you to our downtown area which is a quick drive down the expressway with many more attractions to explore. We hope to see you then.

All the best,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I recently traveled to Buffalo to spend a night while visiting my parents. Despite looking for rooms 3-4 weeks in advance, Memorial Day weekend is always a tough sell due to the marathon and the general beginning of 'summer'. This year was no different and actually, felt more difficult than previous years. We were forced to travel about 15 minutes outside downtown (where my parents are located) to directly across the street from the airport.

As it turned out, no problem! New build, easy to find (amongst two other Marriott properties), wonderfully welcoming staff, clean/comfortable room. As a family of five, we reserved a larger room with two queens and a sofabed. It gave us the space we needed; however, the one strike against the room was that when you pulled out the sofabed, it effectively reduced the pathway from the main bedroom to the bathroom to about 12 inches, such that you had to sidle to get by.

Otherwise, amenties seemed in order although we did not really utilize (pool, fitness machines). Breakfast was popular and was certainly adequate when compared to competitive offerings.

Would consider it again in the future, especially if the prices recalibrate to lower-demand weekends.

Room Tip: Suites offer more space for a reasonable premium.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alfred D

We’re so glad you and your family chose to stay with us while visiting family in the area and that you took the time to post such a nice review of your stay. Our suites are great for trips with the whole family to have the space to all be together. We hope to see you again on your next visit and encourage early bookings to ensure availability during the busy summer months.

Kind regards,

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I used to live in Buffalo. Now I only go to Buffalo on business or to visit extended family. When I do, I prefer this hotel. Easy to get to and to launch from to get other places. The staff is incredible. The breakfasts are always fresh and plentiful. Great workout room. Usually quiet and comfortable. Recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
loira74
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great. I had promised my kids hot chocolate on the plane and forgot to order it, the shuttle driver heard this and brought us hot chocolate when we got to the hotel. Very clean and modern. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear loira74

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo. I am delighted to hear that our shuttle driver was able to get the hot chocolate you promised your kids on the place. I’m sure he will be thrilled to know you appreciated his attentiveness. Our staff is outgoing and loves to share their friendly smiles with our guests. We hope to see you again on your next trip very soon.

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice and clean hotel with fine breakfast and friendly stuff, nothing to be said against. Large parking, breakfast has even fruit salat (otherwise it is a standard US-hotel free breakfast), recommendation, will stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear x_____Honza_____x,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy our fruit salad during breakfast. Its definitely one of my favorite items that we offer (besides the make your own waffles, of course!) I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Amanda

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!