“Hospitality at its BEST” 5 of 5 stars

2X Hhonors Points!
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ontario
“Hospitality at its BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Staff very accomadating, Supperior customer service. This stay was accidental, Our van broke down in the recent snow storm! Could of not picked a better place to stay, Thank you to all the Front desk staff and Shuttle service *****

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the Buffalo airport -- the staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was comfortable and felt taken care of in every way possibe

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I booked three days advanced abd got a room for around 180 a night,
Called back in a few days when the rate lowered 30 dollars. They were more then happy to reduce the rate.
What you get -Two queen beds with an pull out couch in a separate room. Internet ,great clean room.
Breakfast was excellent. We all spent hours in hot tub and pool.
We will be back
When we came home we called back because we left our swim trunks. I phone th polite staff, The took action and called me back a few hours later, what they found did not describe our clothes, It turned out we did bring them home. Props to the staff.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Lancaster PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

This Hampton Inn is a little further from the airport than some of the other Buffalo "airport"
hotels and we had probably a 40 minute wait to be picked up by their airport shuttle after arriving on a 10:30 pm flight due to "traffic." Nice people, the typical Hampton amenities and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

I am a Hilton Diamond Member spending at least 2 nights/week at Hilton properties. This is a good property renovated a few years back. Nothing exceptional but the rate is lower than most Hampton Inns, rooms are always clean and beds are very comfortable. If you stay ask for a room facing Walden Ave or the front of the hotel. The trucks from the Milk distributor in the back can be loud at times, I have stayed in rooms facing the back an asked for top floor rooms and this helps with the truck noise. The property is located near many restaurants thus you will have good choices for dinner and lunch. The breakfast at times can be in the low quality but you will find the reliable cereal, yogurt, breads, and fruits if you are staying more than 3 nights in the area I would suggest the Homewood Suites 8 minutes away which will cost you about $30/night more but you will have two rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I stayed at this hotel because I originally had an early morning flight out of the Buffalo airport. When I was checking in, I requested the complimentary shuttle to the airport the next morning, but the guy at the desk informed me the airport had started cancelling flights due to a storm. He told me where the Business Centre was so I could check my flight status.\

I had room 109 - I had requested a low level room, close to doors, and it was just steps away from the main lobby. I dropped my bags off in my room, and after just completing a 2 hour drive, I really needed to use the washroom. I lifted up the toilet lid and was HORRIFIED - there was urine splattered ALL over the toilet seat. I was quite shocked, since it wasn't just a couple drops, but rather covered, like polka dots. Someone obviously did it on purpose because I really don't see how that could happen by accident!! I had to pee so badly I didn't bother to call the front desk to get someone to clean it, so I cleaned it myself. Gross. So so gross. Made me quite worried about the rest of the cleanliness of the room. Ew.

The Business Centre was nice - 2 computers, 1 printer, although it would only print from 1 of the computers and not the other, and it had a bunch of office supplies like pens, paper clips, dictionary etc. The computers seemed updates, since they were flat screens, but only had Windows 95 or 98 on them. I was a bit worried about security, since there was no logging in for each session or anything, so I made sure to log out of my accounts and use "extra security" for my email. My flight ended up being cancelled, so when I booked a new one and used my credit card, I made sure to clear the internet's history.

The room had a thermostat so I could put the heat up a bit higher, and I enjoyed the amount of tv stations, except for some of them were a LOT louder than others - gives you a jolt! However, around 11:55pm, the power went out. I know it's not the hotel's fault, since there was a storm, but I was kind of surprised there was no generator or something, especially because the power was out for about 3 hours and my room got really cold. There was an extra blanket in the drawer, but since I couldn't see anything - the room, hallways, EVERYTHING were pitch black - I couldn't see if it was clean or not, so placed it on the top of the bed.

The complimentary breakfast was decent - from what I saw, juices, coffee, tea, bagels, english muffins, muffins, waffles and fruit. I went close to the end (10am I think) and there was still a good selection. The dining area also had some cookies, fruit and beverages the night before, when I arrived.

My flight was later in the afternoon, and I asked for a checkout extension, and they could only give me an extra hour. The maids kept coming to the door, even before the usual noon checkout, which was really annoying.

I got the free shuttle at 1pm, and the driver was really nice and gave us some tips about the airport.

All in all, it was a good place to rest my head for one night, but I wish I had've asked to have the toilet seat cleaned!! I just don't understand how a mess like that could have been missed by a maid doing a proper job, so it worried me.

• Liked — Business centre, free airport shuttle
  • Disliked — FILTHY toilet seat
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

We were visiting Buffalo for shopping and we could have not picked a better hotel. Ideally situated 5 mins from Walden Galleria, 20 mins from Blvd Mall, & 25 mins from Niagara Falls outlet mall. The hotel offers a free 24/7 shuttle bus to Galleria Mall, the Airport & anywhere else within 5 mins.

Check in ws a breeze, and the staff are cheerful & friendly, there is a free "snack " Mon to Thur night ( 1 night was pulled pork from a close by restaraunt, the next was pizza & cookies. Their complimentary breakfast is more than adequate & coffee/tea is availiable 24/7. ( good coffee!!!)

Rooms are clean and above average... we had a king room c/w fridge & microwave. The bed was very comfortable, great superior mattress providing a restful sleep after a long day of shopping.

bathroomm ws spotless & well lit c/w complimentary tioletries.

All in all a great hotel, wonderful staff abover average rooms... we'll be back for sure

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall? Share your experiences!