“I Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto
“I Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Recently stayed here before my flight out of Buffalo for my honeymoon. I didn't want any drama or question marks before the trip of my lifetime so I chose the Hampton Inn which has never failed to disappoint - and it didn't.

It's in a great location really close to Walden Galleria Mall and about 5 minutes to the airport. There's a Famous Dave's and McDonalds in the parking lot incase you are hungry and without a car or too drunk to drive anywhere.

The staff are SO friendly and will do anything to make your stay great.

The room was super clean and comfortable. The bed and sheets were top notch and I slept better there than maybe at home. I didn't want to get up... great linens. The bathroom is pretty new and has granite and is really clean... and I'm really picky.

I did the nasty bed bug test and used my iPhone flashlight to look behind the headboard, under the bed, the creases of the mattress, under the mattress.... no sign of any vermin so we were ready to roll.

Free WiFi!
Free use of the business centre so you can print your boarding passes!
Free coffee.... and the coffee is EXCELLENT. They have a little coffee bar in the lobby with dark roast, regular, decaf, hot chocolate, and different teas along with delicious flavoured creamers. I probably had 6 cups.

We went to the pool. It was nice and the deck was clean but I'm such a germaphobe I wasn't incredibly happy with the upkeep of the indoor pool itself. But the size and depth is good.

Overall - I loved it. Can't wait to go back and it will be hard to compete with this property for the price, location, coffee, amenities....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LindseyMartz, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Congratulations on your recent wedding! I am glad to see that our staff provided you a great getaway before your honeymoon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to tell visitors about our wonderful amenities! Our housekeeping department keeps our entire property extremely clean. When you book your next visit, sit back, relax and let your dreams carry you away. Every time you choose to stay with us, you can rest easy. I am sorry to see that the conditions of the indoor pool did not meet your standards. I will pass your concerns along to our maintenance department and make sure that the deck surrounding the pool and the pool itself are up to par. I hope that the next time you find yourself in Buffalo, you choose the Hampton Inn Buffalo Airport. Have a wonderful day!

Lindsey Martz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Clean Hotel
Excelent service
Very friendley Staff
Close to all the stores and Restaurants
The General Mangager must a great person to work with otherwise the staff would not be the way they are. I would love to go back. My family and I we really enjoyed staying there.

Good Afternoon,

I am happy to see that we made your stay so great on your recent trip to Buffalo! Our General Manager is a wonderful person to work for, as is the rest of our management team. I am lucky to be a part of such a great work environment every single day. Our entire staff works together to give you, our guest, an unforgettable experience. I hope to see you and your family again, we love having you here®.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is located very close to the largest shopping mall in the Buffalo area and is very convenient to key freeways. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and spacious and breakfast was decent and well organized plus there was a takeaway bag if you couldn't sit down for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our location is perfect for your business needs, or weekend getaway. I am glad to see you were pleased with your room accommodations; cleanliness is our number one goal. As a Hampton Inn, we do provide Hampton’s On the Run Breakfast® which is ideal if you have an early flight in the morning, or need a mid afternoon snack during your shopping marathon! Either way, we have you covered. Thank you staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Did the annual weekend Buffalo shop to you drop with the kids, and initially chose this hotel for its convenient location to the Walden Galleria!
The staff at the Hampton are well trained and most certainly give impression that they enjoy their jobs and sharing the Hampton experience.
As noted last year, thecarpet in the main hallways appears a bit tired, and I note recent commentary in TA that the hotel is about to receive some rennovations. Our room was top notch, clean and up to date.
The breakfast was very convenient and a god selection - oatmeal, fresh fruit, several cerals selections, waffles, danishes, muffins, coffee, juice etc.
The coffee was quite good, which coming from a coffee lover is quite the compliment!
You can hear the odd jet fly over, but didn't seem that bad or disturbing.
can't stay enough about the staff, from the front desk, to the morning breakfast ladies to the cleaning staff - so friendly and accomodating!

Room Tip: Don't wait to last minute to book - we think we ended up paying a bit more beacuase we did just...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us such a rave review! It looks like you had a fabulous time while you were here! We do have the perfect location in Buffalo for both leisure and business travelers. Our staff truly cares about our guests and providing them with the best possible experience. Thank you for the excellent reviews regarding our breakfast selection. Our breakfast team has been working diligently to improve the quality of our breakfast and I am glad to see it is paying off. Please revisit our hotel and take note of our beautifully redone high end of our first floor. We have plush new carpet and beautiful new wall vinyl. The best is yet to come! I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Buffalo.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed two nights....everything was very clean....the staff are very friendly and helpful! Close to shopping and airport. Will definitely stay there again. Breakfast is included in your stay and is very nice...lots to choose from!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LindseyMartz, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for such positive feedback! I am thrilled to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments regarding our friendly staff and breakfast variety at our next morning huddle. Our hotel is very fortunate to have such a great group of people who truly care about providing excellent service to every person who walks in our front door! Thank you again for taking the time to review our property, enjoy your day!

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I made a reservation via telephone, after viewing options on-line. I booked a 1 King Bed Non-Smoking for one night. When we arrived, my husband did the check-in and we went to the room. It was a 1 Queen Bed Accessible Room (mobility/hearing). We immediately went back to the front desk where I informed the gentlemen at the desk that, as shown on the printed booking confirmation, I booked a King Room. I was told there was nothing else available. No issue, however, I mentioned that this room cost less than the King. The gentleman told me that all rooms are the same price regardless of room/bed type. Not wanting to argue, we went back to our room. Now that I am home, I checked the website, entering the same dates for the following week, and it is exactly as I had said -- the Queen Accessible room is $10 less than the King. Was not impressed.
All that said, the room was clean, the bed was spotless and comfortable. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and providing us with your feedback. Customer satisfaction is the most valuable tool we have to improve our service to you, our guest. I am very sorry to hear that there was an error with your reservation. It does not sound like this situation was handled correctly, and I apologize for that. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the hotel directly and speak to Desirae Karmazyn, our General Manager. Again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience this caused and hope that you will give us a chance to make it up to you the next time you find yourself in Buffalo. Have a great night!

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This Hampton Inn is great for those of you who enjoy a shopping excursion or are flying out of Buffalo Airport. Very close to the Walden Galleria and other brand name stores. There are a great variety of restaurants for meals. The hotel itself is just fine. The rooms are nothing out of the ordinary.....a little old looking but how long are you actually in there. The buffet breakfast is nothing to write home about....standard stuff. The staff are very friendly. Would I stay here again? Probably, but it's certainly not cheap.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LindseyMartz, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Good Evening,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We do have the perfect location if you are looking to be close to the airport or near the mall! We are approaching our next renovation near the end of the year and invite you to come back and see all the beautiful changes that have occurred. I understand you wanting to get the best rate in town; however I would like to note our highly trained staff and our complementary On the House Breakfast that cannot be found everywhere. I do hope that you will consider our property again in the future!

Lindsey Martz

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall? Share your experiences!