“Still a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Still a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed here in July of 2008 , when it was new, and it spoiled us for all other hotels! We stayed again on the way out to Ohio this year and it is still the best Comfort Inn we've been in. The front staff is very pleasant and actually remembered we had stayed there before. (Maybe it was because I wanted to see the football stadium that Drew Bledsoe had been banished to after leaving the Patriots) (in July, years after he played there). Anyway, good size rooms, flat screen TV , and an adjustment made so my husband, who has asthma, would not have to sleep in a pet-friendly room. This is turning into a problem at some places for people with allergies/asthma. But this hotel does have rooms they put aside for just this problem. I guess it's turning into a dog's world. The breakfast in the morning was good-my new favorite is a bagel with peanut butter--had cheese chunks for more protein, waffles, cereal, pastries, yogurt,etc. Always, restocked. Cookies, juice and coffee 24 hours in the breakfast room along with coffee and tea in your room of wanted. A little more $$ than other Comfort Inns in our travels but I guess it's because of the time of year and Niagara Falls/tourist location. The only complaint was we felt the beds were a little too hard for us--but we have back/neck problems and prefer a softer bed. We did not hear any road noise but we were facing the front of the hotel. Will be back in future!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way to Chicago from New England. The room was spacious, and the flat-screen TV was a nice touch. The beds were cofmy, but I had a huge problem with the pillows...they were square and very fluffy...kind of like sofa cushions. As a result, I had a sore neck in the morning. If it weren't for that, I think i would have had a great night's sleep. The counter in the bathroom was a bit too high for me, but I made do.

The make-it-yourself waffles at the free continental breakfast were nice, and they came out perfectly! They also had a good variety of things to eat including cereals, bagels, oatmeal, danish, etc. I was a little disappointed not to see any eggs or meats, but hey, I had the waffles, and they were hot & fresh. Good enough for me! The breakfast room is right next to the pool, so that was nice to look at while we ate.

The attendant at check-in was prompt, and very courteous. Got me checked-in in probably less than 2 or 3 minutes, even though we arrived very late at night.

There is a gas station across the street, and a Wendy's nearby. The hotel is right off the highway for easy access. We didn't have any problems with highway noise.

We stayed here for about $90...a great deal for all of this.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Our 2nd floor (which is the top floor) was very clean and comfortable. The hotel looks brand new. I thought it was closer to the Galleria Mall (like across the street) but it was more like a 7 minute drive away. The Interstate is close by, so you can here some noise, but not much.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband was had surgery, very stressful time. After long days, couldn't wait to sleep in the comfortable bed. Gas, food, CVS all right there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

New, immaculate, great bed, small but relaxing pool, excellent breakfast, safe, plenty convenient to downtown, suburbs, universities and shopping, upscale feel at a bargain rate -- I believe the best value in Greater Buffalo area! I will return! I am a world traveler who has many times utilized Tripadviser reviews but have never been compelled to add one until now, because I was so grateful for this fabulous hotel find--truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

All staff were excellent, the complimentary breakfast was better than normal (blueberry topping for waffles, fresh cheese cubes) and the proximity for shopping and restaurants was great (5 minutes to Walden Galleria Mall). Our only complaint about the location was the proximity to the thruway which was very noisy and, as the hotel is situated in a residential/industrial area, there is heavy truck traffic coming off the thruway exit right beside the hotel. Fortunately I wear earplugs which really helped.

Everything in the hotel and the room was spotless but I had a very weird experience concerning the sheets. As soon as I got into bed I started itching like crazy. I finally had to sleep between the blanket and the bedspread. I was thinking I must have had a reaction to the detergent used in the laundry but then you'd think the same product would be used on the other bedding. This was a first for me and, unfortunately, because of this there is no way we could stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Just got back yesterday after a 2 night stay at this hotel and I felt compelled to write a review. We booked 2 rooms for our group of 7 people in town to visit the Iron Island museum and to do some shopping. The hotel location was perfect...right off the highway, easy to find after a 6 hour drive & right around the corner from where we were going. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived. The super friendly clerk at the front desk (Jackie) was extremely personable and helpful with all of our questions. The entire staff was very nice a pleasant to talk to (thank you all so much!). The rooms were VERY clean & spacious with acceptional decor, comfy beds, plenty of pillows and everything else we needed...coffee maker, hair dryer, ironing board, free WiFi, fridge, etc... The free continental breakfast was excellent with so many choices, there was something for everyone...cereal, oatmeal, cheese cubes, yogurt, bread, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, delicious fresh make-yourself waffles (recommended) with blueberry topping or syrup. The fruit, coffee, tea, juices, water, and cookies were available 24 hours....there was even honey for your tea...plus so much more! The entire hotel was clean & comfortable right down to a very pleasant clean smell in the air. The small eating area has breakfast from 6-10am and is very bright and clean...there was not one moment I spent in there in the morning that I did not see the food constantly being restocked, counters, tables and chairs being wiped and every crumb on the floors being swept up with a dust pan and brush. I read a couple of reviews here that mention the noise of the heating/cooling system, but I had no problems with it. The noise amounted to nothing more than the sound of a fan blowing, which to me is actually a very pleasant & soothing sound to sleep with....as a matter of fact, the fan that I travel with and brought with me for that very same sound effect was not needed. Otherwise, I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel....I would definitely recommend it to others and I WILL stay there again if in the area in the future!

With everything that is available, you can't beat the amazing value of this hotel:).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Cheektowaga? Share your experiences!