“Everything Was Perfect, Will Stay There Again!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Cheektowaga
Pennsylvania
“Everything Was Perfect, Will Stay There Again!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Just got back yesterday after a 2 night stay at this hotel and I felt compelled to write a review. We booked 2 rooms for our group of 7 people in town to visit the Iron Island museum and to do some shopping. The hotel location was perfect...right off the highway, easy to find after a 6 hour drive & right around the corner from where we were going. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived. The super friendly clerk at the front desk (Jackie) was extremely personable and helpful with all of our questions. The entire staff was very nice a pleasant to talk to (thank you all so much!). The rooms were VERY clean & spacious with acceptional decor, comfy beds, plenty of pillows and everything else we needed...coffee maker, hair dryer, ironing board, free WiFi, fridge, etc... The free continental breakfast was excellent with so many choices, there was something for everyone...cereal, oatmeal, cheese cubes, yogurt, bread, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, delicious fresh make-yourself waffles (recommended) with blueberry topping or syrup. The fruit, coffee, tea, juices, water, and cookies were available 24 hours....there was even honey for your tea...plus so much more! The entire hotel was clean & comfortable right down to a very pleasant clean smell in the air. The small eating area has breakfast from 6-10am and is very bright and clean...there was not one moment I spent in there in the morning that I did not see the food constantly being restocked, counters, tables and chairs being wiped and every crumb on the floors being swept up with a dust pan and brush. I read a couple of reviews here that mention the noise of the heating/cooling system, but I had no problems with it. The noise amounted to nothing more than the sound of a fan blowing, which to me is actually a very pleasant & soothing sound to sleep with....as a matter of fact, the fan that I travel with and brought with me for that very same sound effect was not needed. Otherwise, I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel....I would definitely recommend it to others and I WILL stay there again if in the area in the future!

With everything that is available, you can't beat the amazing value of this hotel:).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waterdown Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this property on Dec.5. We had originally made reservations for two nights but ended up leaving after the first night.

The heating was so loud that when we went to bed we shut the entire unit off. At 3 a.m. the fan started up for several minutes before shutting off again. We checked the unit, thinking we must not have shut it off properly but it was. Thinking it must have been a fluke, we went back to bed. At 4 am it happened again, waking us. We were so tired we decided to go back to bed and call first thing in the morning when a manager would be in.
At 5 am and every hour there after the fan would cycle on for several minutes and wake us
When we called the front desk at 8 am, we were told that because we had not informed them immediately, (at 3am) they would not do anything by way of compensation. It happened in the middle of the night! We called as soon as we felt a manager would be in and yet we were made to feel like we were at fault for not bringing it to their attention in the middle of the night..

It seems to to us like it was just a convenient excuse to avoid taking any responsibility. Will never stay at a CHOICE property again, especially this one!! Beware if you stay at this hotel, you are on your own if a problem occurs.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_NY028, Management at Comfort Inn Cheektowaga, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
We are staffed 24 hours a day to help our customers anyway possible. When something is not right we need to know so we can fix it. After further evaluation of your heating unit, nothing was found wrong. If we would have been notified immediately, we may have been able to witness the malfunction. Our customers always come first and it saddens us that we were not able to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

We were looking for a comfortable but basic hotel; we were just passing through the Buffalo area and would not be there long enough to take advantage of lavish amenities. This hotel exterior looks somewhat like what it once was: a Howard Johnson's. But the interior has been very nicely refurbished, and we felt that our room was superior to many for which we've paid twice the price: clean, quite large, with two excellent beds, very nice bedding, an attractive bathroom, a refrigerator, and wireless that functioned well. The breakfast went beyond the basic. The lobby and breakfast area were very attractive. Our only concern was that the front desk seemed to be understaffed; when we initially tried to make the reservation, the phone went unanswered for quite a while, and then we got lost on "hold." A subsequent call went through correctly. Also, the directions in the AAA Guidebook are incorrect; the hotel is east, not west, of the exit (not a big problem, since it's clearly visible). A bit of road noise, but the convenience of the location offset that. Great value!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_NY028, Manager at Comfort Inn Cheektowaga, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future!
jackson,ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Unsure of where to stay, I picked this Comfort Inn as a result of these reviews. I was not disappointed. My wife and I were in town as tourists and interested spectators of the Buffalo Bills/New York Saints football game.

The Comfort Inn is on an interstate thus it is easy to get downtown, quick to the airport and as we found out, only twenty minutes to the football stadium. The breakfast was as anticipated, the rooms were fine (nice tv), and we thorougly enjoyed our stay.

My only complaint with the trip was the road signs on the Buffalo interstate system. They are terrible. For example, you may get on an interstate where the signage says you are going west and in reality, you are going north. I'm an experienced traveler and I made three incorrect decisions on their interstate system.

But on the whole, I like Buffalo, critics notwithstanding.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Catskill, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The location was perfect for our needs, with easy access to downtown Buffalo as well as the suburbs. The Inn was immaculate, and the rooms comfortable. We especially enjoyed the cheerful breakfast room and all the healthy choices available for the start of our day.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights in late August 2009 as part of a roadtrip. Our main purpose was to visit Niagara Falls, about 30 minutes away, not too far if you devote the entire day to sightseeing. Located right off of I-190 and I-90, the hotel is easy to find and good if you're travelling long distances by highway. It's a brand new building, maybe about a year old, so the facilities are very new. We were also appreciative that they were dog-friendly. The room was modern and clean with a large, comfortable king size bed. There was a mini-fridge in the room and free wifi. The bathroom was spotless. Free breakfast in the morning and quick, efficient front desk service. With all these amenities, the value (at $90 w/AAA discount) is excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed in near this location. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Dingens street near by for one night but the Comfort was a lot better. The Holiday Inn Express had bad staff and the rooms did not live up to expectations. I was very dissappointed the night I checked in. The next morning I went over to the Comfort Inn right down the road. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were exceptional. For the same price I paid at Holiday Inn Express, I got a much better place to stay at the Comfort Inn. The continental breakfast was great and the gym was nice, and allowed me to continue my daily excercise. The staff and employees were helpful throughout my stay. Always smiled and created a friendly atmosphere. Made the hassels of travel easier. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the buffalo area. Close to Niagara Falls and tourist attractions in Buffalo, NY.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Cheektowaga? Share your experiences!