“So nice, wish I could have stayed longer” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
New York City, New York
“So nice, wish I could have stayed longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and really enjoyed this property.
To be honest, we were really off to a bad start -I called a week before and on the day of our arrival to let them know we would need airport pick up -actually, one of the main reasons I chose this hotel. I was informed to call upon landing and they'll send the shuttle over in 5 minutes. Well, we landed at midnight, I called and the girl said they were sending the shuttle and it would be there in 5 minutes. 30 minutes later, I was told the car was on its way, it'll be 5 minutes. I called again and said to cancel the shuttle, I would just walk from the airport to the hotel and the girl stated "I can contact them now, it'll be there in 5 minutes." She neither stated "oh, I called them awhile ago, they are coming" or even acknowledged that she stated it would be there 30 minutes ago...in fact, I was even more irritated when I said I'm walking over and she responded as if she didn't hear me and simply answered a car would be there in 5 minutes. Apparently, either their front desk staff has no short term memory or concept of time and when I did have to ask questions, they never really listened to what I was asking and were quick to cut me off when speaking -this is very poor customer service and I don't think I was being unreasonable. I finally walked to the hotel and once we got there, we saw the shuttle leave the parking lot. So much for a 5 minute wait. We didn't get to our room until 1am -an hour after we called to ask for the shuttle.

Luckily, everything else about this hotel was great. The ladies at the lobby restaurant/coffee shop were really upbeat and friendly and their egg breakfast was pretty good! This hotel gets a "good" rating instead of "poor" because of them. The lobby is nice to hang out in and you can print your boarding pass right there. The gym was a good size and while I had no time to use their pool, it looked very clean and fun and I wish I had used it. There was even a nice fire pit and patio area.

The rooms were big and very comfortable -the beds & pillows were great, I could have slept there all day. The bathrooms were huge with good water pressure. This hotel was very clean, well lit and comfortable. After 2 nights here, my husband and I spent a night at another hotel at niagara falls and I really wish we had just stayed at the Courtyard instead! Also, parking was very convenient and was right next to thrifty car rental. Overall, a fantastic stay and I would stay here again, I would just try to talk to the front desk staff as little as possible.

Room Tip: Don't count on the shuttle service. Very comfortable beds.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and miscommunication with the shuttle. I will be sure to follow up with my staff to find where the breakdown in communication occurred. I’m glad the remainder of your stay went well. The staff at the restaurant will be happy to hear your comments. I’m glad you found your room to be clean and spacious. We’ve had several comments from other guests regarding the size of bathrooms and our exercise room; it’s good to hear you agree. Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Two weeks ago I stayed here for three nights. The front desk and housekeeping staff were top notch. In fact, the head of house keeping asked me how my stay was going and if there were anything she could do to make the stay better. The room was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. The location is surprisingly quiet given its proximity to the airport.

In regards to the down side, the meal options were very poor. The was no free coffee for guests. The hours of service at the coffee bar were not convenient. One day I ate breakfast at the lobby restaurant. This meal was very good. However, that evening I ordered dinner from here to take to my room. This meal was terrible.

For whatever reason, the group of +30 I'll be with this week choose not to convene our meetings here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and positive comments. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with both the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff. I’m glad you thought the bed was comfortable; we have had several other positive comments regarding them as well. Please accept my apologies for the disappointing dinner. I will follow up with my food and beverage team. I’m sorry your group chose not have to have your meeting here – I would be very interested in more feedback regarding their decision. We certainly want your group to return. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked a 2 night stay for shopping. Location was perfect and, surprisingly, there was little noise considering the hotel is directly across from the airport.

We had room 532; a clean, beautifully decorated king suite with walk-in shower, comfortable bed with lots of pillows and a mini fridge and coffeemaker. Although the stand alone closet provides lots of hangers there is very little room for clothes once you hang up two winter coats. There is a very large space under the front door which can be looked at in a positive light - no problem finding your way to the bathroom in the dark, or a negative light - way too much light enters the room from the hallway. We used the decorator pillows to block some of the light out and when we saw draft stoppers in the store thought it would be a great idea for the hotel. The only other negative was no room safe. We had an issue with the bedside clock flashing during the night and, since we couldn't figure it out, just unplugged it. Reported the problem to the front desk and was assured by the head housekeeper that it would be rectified immediately. Fortunately we didn't need the alarm so it wasn't a major issue when the problem went unresolved.

The public areas are bright and clean, excellent pool/hot tub, and a lovely outdoor area complete with fire pit. The complimentary high-speed internet was great. Food is available on site but we have our favourites which we stick to when travelling in the U.S.

Would recommend this hotel and we will go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We truly appreciate all the positive comments and constructive feedback. The space under the door was done by design in order to balance the air flow in the building although we are aware that it allows a little more light that desired at times. I’m sorry the issue with the alarm clock was not resolved. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my housekeeping staff. I’m glad you found your room to be well decorated and quiet. We have received several other positive comments regarding how quiet the hotel is given our proximity to the airport. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to Buffalo.
Burlington, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here overnight in September before an early morning flight. This is our second stay here. I was really looking forward to staying here again but was not as impressed the second time around. We were given a wheelchair accessible room although we did not request one and there was a slight housekeeping issue that we reported after we checked in. Housekeeping did come right up and re-clean the bathroom which was great but I did not really feel comfortable in this room - not really sure why. Can't beat the size of the rooms, the great location and the efficiency of the staff. The beds are very comfortable - this is a great place to stay if you are travelling through Buffalo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issue experienced and apparent inconsistent level of cleanliness. I’m glad the staff was able to resolve the issue although it shouldn’t have occurred in the first place. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my housekeeping staff. I’m happy you found the rooms to be spacious and the beds comfortable. Thank for choosing to stay with us again and we look forward to your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on a shopping weekend. We found the hotel clean and well maintained. The room was very spacious, the beds were super comfy, and the shower was great. I slept quite well, which rarely happens on my first night in a hotel. We were happy with the location, service and price. Front desk staff were a little abrupt, but everyone has a bad day and it looked as though they were a little busy. It certainly did not ruin our trip. We will stay here again for shopping or airport trips.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found the hotel clean and was able to get to get a good night’s rest. We’ve received many positive comments from other guests as well regarding how comfortable our beds are. Please accept my apologies for the less than hospitable welcome you received from the Front Desk staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were very happy with our room at the Courtyard Marriott. The staff was so nice and really seemed to care about their customers. The bathroom was so clean and I really liked the spacious shower with the glass door. We were given a room with a balcony which was nice. Would recommend this hotel! The only drawback was the pillows - way too soft for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to hear you found the staff to caring; our guests are always of our upmost concern. The housekeeping staff will be excited to know that you recognized their efforts. Bathrooms are always a focus area for us and the housekeepers work very hard to maintain our high standards of cleanliness. I’m glad you found the shower spacious; we have had many similar comments. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pillows. We are replacing all of them over the course of the next year with a larger, slightly more firm pillow. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding I was going to it was one of the hotels on the list arranged by the bride and groom. I gave this hotel 3 stars instead of 4 or 5 because there were drawbacks. When I arrived the room had a really bad odor. I couldn't place it and thought maybe it was a pet friendly hotel and maybe it was the smell of dogs in the carpet. Than when I went to lay down on the bed I realized where the smell was coming from. The sheets stunk so bad like they had been washed with way too much industrial strength bleach. The smell was so bad it gave me a headache. I couldn't take the smell and the towels smelled the same. I asked for new sheets and they sent a guy up who spoke very little english who just brought me more smelly bleach laden sheets. I called the main desk and I think his name was jermey actually washed a set of sheets and remade the bed. It wasn't perfect but it did smell better. Also surprised that this Marriott does not press their linens. The bed was made up with wrinkled pillowcases and sheets. Staff memeber told me they don't press the sheets. Also the hotel was suppose to provide shuttle service to the reception, but when we arrived had no record of the arrangement. Had to call the groom who called the hotel who claimed they never had such an arrangement! Did they lie to get the business?????? Sarah who checked us in and told us there was no such arrangment wasn't that helpful and didnt really try to get it rectified. She wasn't very friendly either not sure hospitality should be her line of work. The best part of this hotel was the Bistro Great food if only it were open at times you need it. This is a hotel geared for business travelers so no lunch and breakfast is over by 9:30 mon - fri. This is not the place to stay for leisure. The hotel overall is great, good workout room, pool, and really comfy bed! Just hated the smell of the sheets and the fact that I wasn't able to eat more at the bistro due to the times they are open. Would love to go back but would not due to the smell of the wrinkled sheets. Also there is no closet only a small stand alone unit so we had no room for our stuff. They did agree to take us to the reception later after the grrom called but we wanted to stay to the end and they said 11 would be the pick up time. Overall nice hotel but not perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and please accept my apologies for the less than perfect stay. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our guests and in rare circumstances, like the experience you had, we don’t quite achieve that objective. We are not sure why the sheets had such a strong bleach odor. The laundry chemicals are automatically dispensed into the machines during the cycle. But in response to your feedback we did contact our chemical supplier to come out to recalibrate the dispensers. I am glad that Jamie went above and beyond to personally rewash your sheets. His efforts exemplify our commitment to exceptional service.
I apologize for the miscommunication regarding shuttle service to the reception. I can assure you that we would never deliberately falsify any services we provide in an effort to secure a piece of business. It was a pure lack of communication between departments which unfortunately gave such an impression. The fact that we didn’t do everything we could have to remedy the situation made matters worse. Please feel confident that I have reviewed this issue with my staff.
I am glad that despite the inconveniences experienced you did enjoy the hotel and were able to take advantage of the exercise room and pool. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the staff. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and hope to have you as our guest again.

Been to Courtyard Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!