“Excellent Stay at the Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barrie Ontario
“Excellent Stay at the Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stayed at the Courtyard before a family vacation on September 30th. Hotel is brand new and located directly across the street from the Buffalo Airport. All of the staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to the terminal. I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and this is one of the nicest properties that I have stayed at recently. I would definately stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The service was amazing and so was the atmosphere. Not only is it a newly opened hotel with the new Marriott Courtyard look, but the employees appear to enjoy serving the customers. Super good experience. I recommend this hotel over any of the Airport area hotels.

Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I were celebrating our 5th Anniversary and had spent the day in the Niagara Region. We like to stay in Buffalo whenever we go up that way since I used to live in the area.This hotel was brand new, so we thought we'd check it out. The location is exactly across from the airport, but was surprisingly quiet. It's relatively close to the Galleria Mall and fairly accessible to I-90 (via the 33). Lobby is nice--it has the typical new Courtyard look with a Check In Kiosk, Bistro with a few food options, computers, a "Go Board" and a lounge with free coffee. I'd recommend parking your car on the lobby entrance side; it seemed to be much better lit and more easily accessible that the other side of the hotel. The rooms were nicely laid out; our King Bed seemed a little short (I'm 5'6" and my feet almost hung off the edge) but was comfortable. Our bathroom didn't have a tub; just a shower, which was a bit odd but not a huge deal. There is a very nice pool and hot tub. My favorite part was the fitness center. The hotel actually put in brand new work out equipment. I always work out when on vacation, so a nice elliptical really makes my trip. The two at this hotel were top notch. There were several treadmills and lots of weight equipment as well.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Rooms were spotless.
Staff couldn't do enough to help
Gym and pool were great. Difficult to fault anything at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I'm a huge fan of Marriott because my experience has been so good in terms of not finding myself sleepless and sneezng in the middle of the night due to allergies caused by the room.

Not so with this spectacular new Courtyard - I never slept at all.

I arrived for the my first visit to Buffalo without reservations and was directed there by another hotel that had only had a smoking room available. The staff there and at the Courtyard politely dismissed my concern or didn't understand that there could be 'gassing off' in the room because of the new construction.

Given it was late and I was tired, I checked in at a rather high rate of $169 plus tax, given the room and location. And there it was, not only the familiar smell of new construction but I was unable to open the patio door.

I couldn't deal with it, as I was tired and knew there was no solution other than to move hotels and I wasn't prepared to do that.

Horrible night sneezing and by morning, my head was so stuffy and eyes were itchy and swollen.

I'm not that allergic a person, as I don't even take OTC meds for allergies. Therefore I warn anyone who has more serious allergies to stay away until the rooms air out from new construction.

Otherwise, the staff were very nice, the exterior landscaping was minimal but lovely, and my room was perfectly quiet despite being at the airport.

Room Tip: fifth floor away from elevators was perfectly quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at this location over Labor Day weekend. It was unfortunate for us only 1 night was available.
It is a beautiful brand new location which just opened the 1st week of September 2011. It is located right across the street from the airport. It is quiet and you will not be kept awake by planes. There is a small coffee shop/grill in the lobby serving Starbucks coffee. They have private booths with flat screen TV’s built in. The lobby is very bright clean and modern. There is a pool and hot tub on the 1st floor which is really clean and very nice.
The rooms although quite small were very comfortable. The bed was heaven. The washroom was spotless. There are nice pull out swivel flat screen TV’s, wireless internet, small fridge in room. The parking lot is very well lit and all brand new. We can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: They were adding balconies to some of the rooms, which were not completed upon our stay. They shoul...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!