“HIGHLY Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Englewood Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chautauqua
Englewood Guest House
You added Englewood Guest House to your Saves list
19 Roberts, Chautauqua Institute, Chautauqua, NY 14722   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Chautauqua B&B and Inns
Huntington Station, New York
“HIGHLY Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Englewood is absolutely full of charm. It's so perfectly Chautauqua. The other guests were very friendly and I looked forward to seeing them and catching up on events of the day. The owner, Olivia, is just as wonderful and charming as her inn. She was extremely helpful and sweet. I'm so glad I stayed here. It was truly a great highlight of the entire trip and that's saying a lot! The breakfasts were great and the location is fantastic. Major thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dundee, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We loved the Englewood. It was our frist trip to Chatauqua, but we very soon felt right at home. Olivia helped us with every question and was full of helpful advice. The location could not have been easier and we soon looked forward to meeting our fellow guests as we came and went, as everyone there was so friendly and interesting, but we found that with everyone at Chatauqua. We enjoyed using the kitchen, and our bedroom on the ground floor suited our needs perfectly. Thank you again for a very special few days in a unique place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mahtomedi, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Kit and I had a wonderful time. The location, right in the center of things was terrific. Olivia, the owner, was wonderful, as were the breakfasts outside. This was our first trip to the Institute. It was a birthday present for my sister. She loved it. The entire experience was very unique in that it was like returning to "Mayberry." All the guests who were there were wonderful as well.

Room Tip: We wanted twin beds and if possible an included bathroom with air conditioning. We got that on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Lovely accommodations. It was nice having the option to stay on the Chautauqua grounds overnight. That's a difficult thing to find. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the breakfast a charming addition to the always excellent Chautauqua experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I chose the Englewood because it was one of the few places in Chatauqua that allow for a stay of less than a week, and I was just visiting to see a play. I will definitely return! The organic breakfast on the patio was delicous and a pleasant way to start the day. The rooms were well-equipped with adequate lighting, wi-fi, dressers, etc and very comfortable. Even though my trip was solo, I felt very at ease there thanks to Olivia and the other guests. The rate was reasonable, especially when compared to other accomodations, and the location is ideal since it's right in the heart of the Institution.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

A few friends of mine and I come to Chautauqua every year for a reunion as we were music students when we were babes there. We decided to stay at the Englewood for the first time and were pleasantly surprised! The staff was wonderful and the accomodations and breakfast were terrific! We loved it and will be back next summer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Penn Yan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The sustainable, local, organic breakfast was the clincher on the website. The bonus was quickly feeling at home and like family with Olivia, her assistant, and some other guests. I made time to take in all the little touches in the guest house - art, books, photographs. Back in time... as if I was at my Grandmother's. Perfect central location, yet the community was very quiet at night. The Englewood sure did the trick. The old claw-foot bathtub shower arrangement served my needs just fine. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Oh, and the afghan in my room was the prettiest one I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Having my own door out to the second floor porch was special.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Englewood Guest House? Share your experiences!