“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

54 Main St, Chatham, NY 12037
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 23 restaurants in Chatham
Description: We are a Gluten-free bakery specializing in fresh breads, cookies, scones, and cakes. Many of our gluten-free products are available at farmers' markets throughout the area, but you have to come to the cafe for special treats like apple frangipane tarts; carrot cakes; salted caramel & chocolate tarts; flourless chocolate cakes; and fresh fruit, lemon curd tarts.Our cafe also serves breads & pastries from our traditional bakery (Our Daily Bread, 116 Hudson Ave), as well as soups, salads, quiches, and sandwiches on regular or gluten-free bread. History Established in 2012 For years, 54 Main St was the home of our artisanal bakery and cafe. In the fall of 2011, we moved the bakery to its new location, just down the street at 116 Hudson Ave, next to Destino. That left us with a lot of space in the old place, and a great deal of pent up customer demand for gluten-free products.The cafe continued as before, but big changes were underway in the bakery half of the building.We spent a few months cleaning up the residual gluten and developing gluten-free recipes, then debuted our new products for Valentine's Day of 2012. Now the cafe serves a mix of products from both bakeries. We have recently added fresh vegetable juices to our regular cafe menu.
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I order our Thanksgiving dinner from here, the Turkey was cooked the day before and after heating it for almost an hour it was still so moist nobody knew I didn't make it. The side dishes were out of this world, but the gravy was sinfully delicious! I love their bread, all of them!!! They carry so many amazing and diverse food items, some local, some from NYC...it is my place to go when I have visitors, I know anything I buy here it is going to satisfy any crowd.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Schenectady, New York
“A great place to sit and watch the people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the first date from hell here with a lovely woman who I had absolutely nothing in common with other that we were both breathing and in Chatham at that moment.
We couldn't find one thing that we enjoyed that the other did. I suppose you're guessing I didn't see her again. Right.

I had a soft drink, watched the people eat muffins and ice cream and had a strange chat for about two hours.

Outdoor tables. Walk up to the counter and buy cakes, sandwiches and drinks. Serve yourself.

Nice place to sit and people watch, on a nice spring or summer day.
Low impact.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Bad Service, no knowledge of gluten-free”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has the worst customer service with young, unintelligent girls working the counter with NO knowledge of Gluten-Free. If you have Celiac do not go here. They mix items and the counter cases are not clearly marked gluten free.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great food at a good price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch last Sunday.
The soup was very good and my tuna sandwich was fantastic. I will go back again, soon.....:0)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kinderhook, New York
“Great Sunday breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good stop after church for Sunday breakfast. Seating is very limited but we always manage to get a seat. Prices are very reasonable and food is very good. We always pick up a loaf of fresh bread to take home for dinner.

Visited August 2012