“Destino's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The region's best, freshest Mexican food. The world's best margaritas.
Albany, NY, USA
“Destino's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pretty darn good Mexican fare. The pre-dinner chips and salsa were so good that we asked for another basket of them, which really ruined the kids dinner, but that's ok ,we were able to enjoy what they didn't eat for lunch the next day. I always order the chicken mole; I don't know the name on the menu, but I love it, as it has just the right amount of mole sauce and chicken with a great side of black beans and rice. I also always have a mojito, which is usually quite refreshing and has just the right amount of lime and sugar, but on ur last visit the bartender must've taken the day off, as the mojito was god-awful. I was able to send it back and get something else, but even this was questionable. Overall, however, Destino's has good ambience, decent prices and decent service. Would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013

Hudson, New York
“Hit a pothole”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was at Destino back in the summer and had a very enjoyable experience. This time I did not fare as well. Things started off well with the house margerita and complimentary salsa and chips. The shared calamari appetizer was also spot on----fried just right. The main course, however, was a disaster. It was breaded chicken breast stuffed with cheese, peppers, and mushrooms and then deep fried. It turned out to be so try and tough that it was scarcely edible. I could eat only about a third of it. I will probably try Destino again some time in the future, but I will certainly be staying away from the chicken breast.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Sand Lake, New York, United States
“Very good Mexican cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Spend summers nearby and love Destinos for a good Mexican meal. Nice atmosphere, especially in the outdoor dining area. Prices are reasonable and the waitresses are a sight for sore eyes.

Kinderhook, New York
“A definite favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visit Destino often and have been part of both small and large parties. The service is always friendly and efficient. The food is delicious! There is a fairly large menu with a variety of choices, including interesting nightly specials. It's a great choice for vegetarians: try the black-bean burrito! Full bar service including excellent wine choices and delicious margaritas. Overall, the atmosphere is nice enough for a date. Your wallet will be especially happy; the prices are great!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, New York
“A very enjoyable wallet-friendly restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

A couple of friends and I went to Destino for the first time a few days ago. We found it to be a very enjoyable expeience. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. And the food was very agreeable. It's all in the Mexican-southwest style. Each of us had one of the specials of the night, a big stuffed burrito filled with chicken, rice, beans and other veggies. I can't say that what we had was enough to send us out into the night raving about how wonderful it was. But we all left filled and feeling that we had just eates at one of the more affordable restaurants in the area. I certainly looking forward to going back and trying other items on Destin's menu.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Destino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Destino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.