“Beware of the pool deck area” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Friar Tuck Resort, Spa and Convention Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Catskill
Friar Tuck Resort, Spa and Convention Center
You added Friar Tuck Resort, Spa and Convention Center to your Saves list
4858 Route 32, Catskill, NY 12414   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Catskill
New York
“Beware of the pool deck area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

I have been going to this resort for a few years and I have always slid on the pool deck as the tiles are from the 70s and not graded. It is like a skating rink! You take your life in your hands walking across it...believe me, you will see people slip sliding all over the place. Well it finally happened to me...I FELL on their wet tile and totally shattered my wrist so bad, I was in the hospital for three days and had to have major surgery. I will NEVER EVER go back here again....what is even worse is the day I fell, they were NOT INSURED!! I am now suffering with probably permanent damage and all the bills that go with it thanks to this totally irresponsible resort. What if someone drowned in their pool that day? STAY CLEAR FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Solo
long island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have no idea what the preceding reviews were talking about. The resort was not any thing they were talking about. My wife and I were spending a few days in the area and decided on the resort after viewing the buildings and meeting the manager Donna, we were set and wanted to stay. My wife and I are very particular as to choosing a place to spend a vacation.

The condo was "CLEAN AND WELL KEPT". We were treated courteously. We did notice the staff could not do enough to make the guests feel relaxed while on vacation.

We recommend this resort highly and hope you take the time to visit with them and see for yourself.

I also learned the resort has given the area over 30 years of service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
long island ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Went to a winter weekend getaway at the Friar Tuck. This is an old rundown ski resort. The rooms are dingy, very basic (not even an iron) and far far away from the main lobby. Anytime I wanted to go to the bar, pool, lobby it was a hike. I started just wearing sneakers all the time because everything was a powerwalk away! Also this place is very deserted and scary in areas. You take your life into your hands when walking from your room to civilization.The food wasn't bad, I must say. The staff is very accomodating. There were these two little young guys that came whenever you called for anything, they were nice. The bartender (also a young girl with a ponytail) was awesome! I went to the spa for a message, was very easy to get an appointment. WOW, the spa is like a whole other hotel!!! It's beautiful and huge. I saw George for the massage and OMG it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing I had to hike back to my room to take a nap. Thanks George!! I really feel that the old side of the Inn will need to be demolished soon because it is beyond restoration.

• Stayed March 2010
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

okay, first when we got there i was so psyced because my parents told me that this place was really creppy and has a lot of history so i was really interested. when we were driving around to look for our room we fell in a ditch and our car got soaked in mud and dirt and snow. when i walked in, i couldn't believe how old everything looked. the lanterns were covered in mold,dust even spiders. also in the lobby, the couches were practically in shreds because of their age. when they gave us our room key, by the way it really is an old fashioned key not a plastic card, we couldnt find our room. they told us to go one way and then another person told us another way. when we finally got into the room, it smelt of mold and just a weird smell. the beds didnt even have clean sheets on them;they were stained. and the bathroom shower curtain had mold and dust on it. apparently, this is how it is in all the rooms. the food however was not the worst. the first night we stayed, it was pretty delicious. the next few days it sucked. the dinner was cheap and the service was rediculous. the best part was that Windom was a half hour away so we went skiing for 2 days. overall, i ask you to please not stay here, you're just wasting your money and your time. believe me. the room was incredibly small, and the bathroom, forget it. i do not recomend this "hotel"

• Stayed February 2009
Western Ireland, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

Dont stay here ever. the place was way to outdated, but thats the best part!!! its plain creepy and eery, reminded me of the shining!! and how can they call themselves a resort and spa? this is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from bein a spa.
when we checked in, the place seemed deserted and awful and they put us up in a room right back at the very end of the hotel. if we would have a stayed for 2 weeks, we stil would not have known where the room was!!! the rooms were sooooooooo icey cold, even with the heater on. such a joke. and forget about the food.... it was theee worst ever.
im sorry, but this "hotel" is the worst i have ever stayed in. i coudnt wait to get home. the place gave us the creeps and everytime i think of friar tuck, i get a horrible feeling and the shivers.
you've been warned..............

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

Spent a weekend there and saw none of the problems mentioned in other reviews. While some of the facilities are showing their age around the edges they were just fine. Most of all the staff was most cooperative!

• Stayed October 2009
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

This place is dirty, outdated and just CREEPY!! I stayed at the Friar Tuck inn several times (as a kid, about 20 years ago). My family LOVED it there... So, i was very excited to find out my friends booked us there for a weekend get away... HOWEVER, this place has not been updated in a long time (possibly not since i was there in the late 80's.!!). First, we could barely find our rooms. We had to down a broken uneven walkway (which did not appear to be "open", but our only option... Then, we walk down slippery tiled floors with weeds growing out of the cracks and bricks.... Once we got into the room, it got worse... the room smelled like an old stale ashtray... the furniture looked like it was falling apart (with rust everywhere)... the bathroom had hair all over it... the beds were OLD and did not look comfortable at all.... the room just had a very creepy feeling and we felt like we were the only ones there stuck in the way back end of the place... but, since there were no other hotels with availability, we thought we were stuck... thankfully, we got a room down the road at another hotel and we checked out immediately... seriously, i will have nightmares about that place... and it's a shame, since it used to be such a great resort!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Friar Tuck Resort, Spa and Convention Center? Share your experiences!