“Never ending fun.....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Catskill
New York City, New York
“Never ending fun.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Here @ Pollaces for my 10th yr. When my family and I are there, I say to my Mom "we're home!!!"
-service: every meal the Social Director (Richie) checks on the families to see if there is anything wrong with the rooms; if there is, he gets on to it thinking that you didn't see him go anywhere.
-value: you get alot for your money
ex: I love their food and I usually have another plate of it, but they don't charge me unlike other 5 star hotels.
-sleep Quality: When I went there Charlie told us that they change the matresses every 2 weeks so we recieved new matresses.
-cleanliness: the way that they prepare the rooms and the "famous salad bar" are the top-notch.
-location: excellent!! About 11 yrs. ago I went to a place up in New York where they had flies everywhere due to a chicken farm around the corner.
-Rooms: Very Clean! no creapy crawlers.
-Food: rate from 1-10 10 is the best/1 is horrible- [10]!!!! Their sauce is unbelievable!!!
(Grandpa Pete's Sauce) buy it they sell it in food markets and they go to festivals too.
-Fitness center: they have equiment and classes that they set up!
Next yr. as always I will always be looking foward to being with the family.
(Richie said to me if I have children in the future and he is still the Social Director there, he said that I should shoot him) LOL!!!!
Pollaces 12 <3

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Well we just returned from our 10th year at Pollace's and each and every year gets better and better! Charlie and his staff bend over backwards for everyone in my family and all their "picky needs" My Grandaughter is a fussy eater. Francine with all her patience kept bringing different foods to try and entice her to eat. She has the patience of a Saint! I mentioned to Charlie that I missed his "S Cookies" at the BBQ and the next day I had a plate of them (homemade, from scratch) at my table. The food at each and every meal is better tasting then a 5 star resort that I went to in the winter. Everyone there makes you feel like family. They don't just say that - they live it! I really feel that every year I am coming home. There is nothing this family won't do to accomodate you - all you have to do is ask. Already looking forward to my next trip "home".

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are great since you don't have far to walk when you go to the pool.
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've been taking the family on vacations for 5 years, and now we all say we want Pollace to be our annual vacation from now on. Yes, I read a negative review, and all I can say is you should totally ignore it as I can't imagine someone would have had a complaint that wasn't addressed. These folks are as accommodating as can be. To make the point, I stayed next to someone who was coming there for 28 years. At the pool I found most people came back year after year (as we will), many for 10 to 20 years, and many guests knew each other. The food had healthy choices, veggies, salads, and many sugar free options, as well as other delicious home cooked meals. Mrs. Pollace came around to serve espresso after meals, and Charlie answer to every question I asked was "no problem, you can have what you want".
This is the most family friendly place I've seen, with activities planned all day and into the night which the family can participate in, or not.
I won't say more because I don't want folks to think I'm related to them (lol) but I can say without hesitation, you will love it there.

Room Tip: It's all good !
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I have been coming to Pollaces for about 5 years now. When we started coming my kids were 11 and 7. They are now 15 and 11 and they still love Pollaces more than any other vacation spot. It's very family friendly. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. No luxurious suites, but the only time you are in the room is to shower and sleep and even then they are more than adequate. 3 full meals a day that are more than satisfying. They will also make anything you ask for, especially helpful if you have picky eaters. One night they also have home made pizza after the entertainment which is outstanding. Richie, the social director is GREAT with the kids (he's a retired teacher) and is always around to help with anything you might need. He comes up with plenty of entertaining ideas to keep the kids busy and they love him. Charlie and Francine and the rest of the crew couldn't be nicer. If you want a relaxed family vacation where you can let the kids go and enjoy themselves without having to constantly monitor them this is the place for you!!!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have to say I grew up in the Catskills and actually worked at Pollace's in my teens- now my entire family can enjoy this jewel in the Catskills. We have traveled back from the midwest to enjoy a warm welcome from the Pollace Family. I have children from 9-17 and they always ask if we can "go to Pollaces this summer" ...for them it's a tie with Disney World!! The Meals are excellent and plentiful as well as great rooms and a safe environment.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

So... I've read all the reviews and was a bit nervous to stay there for a family get together, however, Pollace's really was a wonderful, fun and family friendly place.
If you are looking for the most updated rooms, and top notch entertainment, then go to the Borgata in Atlantic City or something similar. However, if you want to step back in time a bit to an old fashioned family vacation than Pollace’s really fits the bill. And when I say family – it really is a place for families with younger children. I have a five year old and she said that she wanted to stay at Pollace’s forever. Seriously. There is a pool, games for the kids daily, scavenger hunts, rides on the trolley to town, arts and crafts, a “pirate adventure,”etc. The kids are active from morning until night with all there is to do. However, I image a 14 year old or older would get bored. The earlier reviews are true – it isn’t in the mountains or what not, but it is a nice spot for the kid – and REMEMBER THE PRICE – no where else to you get what you get at Pollace’s for the price – but then don’t expect the 4 Seasons – you know?
The staff is about the friendliest staff I’ve ever met, they are warm and accommodating and fun! You get three meals a day, and the food was excellent, and there was a lot of it.
My family and I had a great time and are planning to go back next year for another vacation. For the price you pay, you get a lot, and a whole lot of family fun as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have just returned from another wonderful vacation at Pollaces. We enjoyed the relaxing family atmosphere, immaculate rooms and delicious food. I have been to other inclusive resorts and find Pollaces to be quite economical for what you are given. Three full meals a day is almost unheard of these days! Yes, "NewEngland1024" I guess you could say I am a regular. However, I would like to address your experience. I have gone with large groups, and more often than not, with just my husband and my son. I found that the vast majority of guests are warm, welcoming and inclusive. I am sorry that your singular experience included very rude guests. The staff at Pollaces is wonderful and Charlie makes certain that everyone under his domain is respectful and inclusive. However, I feel that you cannot criticize a resort on the behavior of guests. As a proud "regular" I can assure everyone that this is not a typical experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pollace's Family Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!