“Great place out in the country!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Catskill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Great place out in the country!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm on the picky side and all of the food that we ordered was excellent and full of flavor. The salad that I ordered was delicious and fresh. The service was friendly and attentive. The decor was very cozy. The prices were very reasonable. I'll stop here again whenever I am in the area and looking for a good meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Germantown, NY
“Better options available”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Was happy when I found a take out place that would deliver to me out in the woods, Until they scolded me like a child for being $0.47 under the delivery minimum. Girl on phone tried to be nice and accommodating, put me on hold to check with management, to come back and tell me "we'll let it slide this time but not next time." Really?!?! Over a lousy $0.47?? On the upside the delivery guy is VERY friendly and polite.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York, United States
“Service is declining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times over the past few years. Before the addition, during and since. The food is great! best fried chicken around. If you order the ribs, be aware these are dry ribs. They are not in sauce, but you can add it. The very best however is the bread pudding. Just awesome!!
My only issue of late is that the service has seriously gone downhill. The last 3 times we went we waited a very long time for our waitress to come over to take an initial drink order (one time, we had to ask where our server was and found out no one had been given our table). Once our drinks were brought, it was another long wait for our order to be taken. Then forget about seeing the server again. She'd walk into the dining area to another table and not even look over to check on us. No asking how things were or re-filling of drinks. Once we actually went up to the counter to find someone. There was no shortage of wait staff on any of these occasions. Just a bunch of gals milling around the counter instead of checking on their customers. This happening once is no biggie, but the last 3 times, come on!
It is frustrating because this place was a favorite of ours with consistent food and reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carol B, Owner at Barnwood Restaurant, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your honest opinion! I will make a copy of your review and will pass it on to every served, hostess, cashier and busser. I have told them countless times, "you are here for our customers, not your social life." We have tried to hire more "seasoned" waitresses lately, but they are hard to come by. Don't give up on us! The food will never change.
new jersey
“Good & Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Fisrt time for us in a restaurant that been re-inventing itself for a few years. We enjoyed the fried chicken- my husband and I shared a four piece meal that came with two sides. Very reasonably priced, and service was fine. Good casual and inexpensive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, New York
“good barbeque, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've stopped here several times. Meals were always very good. This place is popular with the locals but the waitresses work like crazy so you dont have to wait and they're always friendly.

Visited April 2013