“An average experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Carle Place
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“An average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for a business stay at the end of February. It is your typical dated Holiday Inn but the location was convenient for where I was working the next day. Staff was friendly upon check-in. My stay included breakfast in the attached restaurant. Overall the breakfast was very good and the waitstaff was attentive and kept my coffee full. An average stay all around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear EyeLoveFood,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am very happy to hear that we were conveniently located to all your needs while you were here, and that you were able to enjoy our restaurants breakfast as well as our wonderful staff. We are currently renovating and improving our hotel, and we do hope to see you again soon so that you are able to see all the changes and improvements we have made. Thank you again.

Frot Office Manager

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Syracuse, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I spent one night here on business. It was a very busy place when I arrived. The staff were all very friendly and hospitable, a huge plus. Especially Cynthia and Mike at the front desk.

The hotel itself is a bit dated and doesn't have that fresh look of some other places I've stayed. This is the primary down side of this hotel and for my "average" rating.The bedding was nice and clean and comfortable though and there are lots of cable channels to choose from. The hotel is also around many retail establishments.

One other negative is that I emailed the hotel manager in advance of my stay (Ms. Bristol), but never received a response to my question. Disappointing.

I had breakfast (not included) at the attached restaurant. The staff were very nice there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear andtherest,

Thank you for your review... Your comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our hotel and service.

I am very disappointed to see your recent stay with us started out with me missing the mark of our normal excellent guest service. I see you have stated you emailed me prior to your arrival, and never received a response. I check my emails daily, if not hourly and didn't see any missed emails so I do want to take this moment to apologize for the miss in communication. I respond to all email requests in addition to forwarding the requests to the appropriate department.

I was delighted to read that despite the disappointments, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I have forwarded your wonderful comments to Both Cynthia and Mike, in addition the rest of the hotel staff to read. We are sad to hear that hotel seems a bit dated, and not to your full satisfaction but we are making numerous of changes to improve. We are going through major renovations so please feel free to stay with us when you are visiting the Long Island area. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features such as our comfortable beds, channels provided, and again our staff.

Please accept my sincerest apology, and I hope to get the opportunity to serve you again.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

the hotel location is great in the main street and all shopping centers are cross the street. Many restaurants are near by. the hotel is clean and convert. the front disk staff are so helpful. the hotel is good and near JFK airport (30 min).
the A/C has a noisy sound it may annoy some people.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the shopping malls and restaurants that are conveniently located near the hotel. I am also very pleased that the front desk staff was helpful and a pleasure like always. I apologize that the AC unit was noisy and thank you for giving us the feedback we need to better our hotel. I thank you again for your kind words.

Esperance, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've been coming here for a multiple years and it saddens me to write this review. I have always had great service from from the people here, but it really saddens me to find out that the majority of the excellent service that has been to provided to customers has been overlooked by the ownership of the hotel. The people who have been greatly responsible for the the repeat business (at least in my case) have been dismissed or completely overlooked by management resulting in quick turn over of personnel. Listening to the people who work here day to day, that their input into how to improve service to the customer is not even considered is disheartening. This is my opinion, but I am sad to say that this was a very nice hotel to stay in at one time, but
I leave the result for you to decide.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am more than happy that you have mentioned our friendly and helpful staff. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for the emotional disturbance you may have experienced during your stay. It's disheartening to hear that the staff member(s) who have spoken with you feels their ideas are being overlooked and dismissed. My name is Angela and I'm the new General Manager here as of November 2013, I walked into a hotel where I personally believe all of my team members are potential managers for our company, and I treat them with the dignity and respect. I'm overjoyed to have been welcomed to such a great team as they are self-empowered to take care of our guests.

As always, I value the feedback from our guests, since I know as it serves as a way to improve our hotel, our service levels, and in this case...our team members. Please be assured, I have taken all of your comments to heart, and my commitment is to the team here at the Holiday Inn Westbury and every valued guest who visits with us or just passing by. I invite you to contact me directly to at your convenience.

Angela Bristol
Tel: (516)997-5000 ext.911
Email: angelab@hiwestbury.com

Angela Bristol
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night this week. It's a typical Holiday Inn: tidy, logically laid out, and featuring the usual in-room amenities. There's a full service restaurant attached, which I did not try. Breakfast is not free: it's 10% off at the restaurant. This hotel is across the street from the Westbury Mall, Wal-Mart, and Costco, and there's a new Shake Shack (renowned NYC hamburger mini-chain) a short walk away.

The bed was comfortable, and they have pillows labeled soft/firm. Sizable HDTV with a million channels, but for some reason, all the channels that you DON'T get are still programmed into the cable box, so when you're channel-surfing, you occasionally have to flip through a dozen or so blank channels to find a random one that they do get. Not sure I've experienced in a hotel before, but I recognize there are worse things in life. Shower has great water pressure, temperature. An iron and wood hangers that you can take all the way off the rod. Some noise can leak in from other rooms/the hall.

My room was very clean but not spotless -- I found someone's long hair on the towel rack. Other than that, pretty good. I travel for business about 10 times a year, so minor mishaps like that are not something that bother me much.

The front desk got me checked in efficiently. Two young men were working the desk: one was on point, focused, and professional. Then the other came in, interrupted my check-in process and started talking to his colleague about how he just applied for a Holiday Inn credit card and was instantly awarded Platinum status. Good for you! Can I have my room key now? Later, he burped. At least he said excuse me! Ah well, Holiday Inn in Long Island. You can't have it all.

If I need to stay out there again, I might go back there, or maybe check out the Hampton Inn, which was booked up when I called.

PS. The local taxi service left me in the lurch and I nearly missed the start of my meeting -- the whole point of my being out there. Call the taxi WELL in advance of the desired time, or maybe arrange it the night before for a pre-schedule time (but that might be risky too).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to write a detailed review. I am happy to hear that you were conveniently located near shops and restaurants to your liking. I’m also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and would like further to discuss with you some things you have mentioned. Again I thank you for your review and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Front desk was very busy at check in as we were all there for a nearby large family wedding. Michael M. checked us in easily and was very courteous and helpful. He made us feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and the cleaning staff were very polite as well. We gathered at the bar in the lobby restaurant after the wedding and had a great time. The next day we all had a delicious breakfast in the downstairs room. All of the food was hot and delicious, whcih isn't always easy during a two hour buffet style breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor tend to be a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Debbie O,

Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased to hear that Michael was a great help and an asset to your stay. I have passed on your kind words to Mike as well as Management. I am also glad to hear that the cleaning staff were caring and able to assist you with your needs. Thank you for taking the time to enjoy our breakfast in the morning. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed one night and got in late but here are my impressions. Lobby was clean and modern. Front desk staff were fast, friendly and efficient. Elevator and hallways seemed well maintained. My room was clean with a smaller t.v and a king size bed. I would say that the pillows were on the small size and the right side of the bed seemed to slope downward a bit. Room had a coffee maker that was NOT in the bathroom thank goodness. They provided two soap bars, a shampoo, conditioner and body lotion all of good quality. I would happily stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Justin V,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room as well as the front desk staff. I apologize that the pillows seemed a bit small and the bed had a slight slope to it. I have forwarded your comments to my executive housekeeper. Again thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

khorak@hiwestbury.com

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!