“My favorite place to stay in Nassau County Long Island” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carle Place
absecon
“My favorite place to stay in Nassau County Long Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This Holiday Inn property has become one of my favorite places to stay while working in Long Island. The hotel and front desk staff are extremely pleasant and willing to assist in anyway they can to make my experience there a great one. The food in the bar and morning breakfast is above average and the rooms are clean and up to date for a Holiday inn property. Wifi works well throughout the hotel and lobby, as well as Parking free onsite and easy to access. Its property is located close to shopping, restaurants and local businesses and both the Northern and Southern expressways, so its easy to get to my work wherever I am in Long Island.

Room Tip: king bed suites at this property are roomy and exceptional for the price.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
JoeFesta,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am very happy to hear that our property has become your favorite place to stay while here on Long Island and has become your home away from home. It is our staff’s priority to make sure that you are happy while at our property and we are willing to do anything to make sure you are just that. I am also very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our restaurants breakfast during your stay and that we are conveniently located to your work so that it is not a hassle for you to get to where you need to be. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

khorak@hiwestbury.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The check in was great, the room was pretty good. The tub is dirty with hair&dirt in it. The taxi service was terrible, asked the front desk to call me a taxi. 10minutes later, 2 came by but neither of them was the one I called. That have nothing to do with the hotel but ppl needing cabs should know.

Called down to find out check out is at noon but housekeeping tried to come in at 11:40 while I was showering but I wasn't really bothered by it.

Overall this hotel is average-good.

The location is good. There are tons of stores around and a huge mall about 15mins walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our location. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to making sure that you receive comfortable and clean accommodations. I apologize that the room was not to your satisfaction. We want you to know that the feedback we receive is taken very seriously, and I have taken your comments and shared them with management and the staff. I am very delighted to hear that you had an excellent check in experience and that you enjoyed our location. If you are in the area again please do not hesitate to contact me so we can show you what our hotel is truly made of.

Thank you again.

Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Front desk is the first place you stop when you check in and here they make you feel welcome and ready to take care of your needs. Chris the front desk supervisor was exceptional and the rooms were very clean. Housekeepers are extremely pleasant. They had a nice business center. Customer service is truly their first priority and they are excellent at it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you Tripteacher2013 for your kind review. It is our job to make you feel as comfortable as possible while you are with us. Customer Service is our top priority here at the hotel and it brings me great pleasure to hear that the staff is providing just that. I will tell Christian about your kind words. Again thank you for your review, and please do visit us again.

(516) 997-5000 ext. 421
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I hate writing negative reviews, I honestly really do...so since I'm writing one, it's got to be bad.
My husband and I stayed there for a family reunion and a wedding we attended next door. The actual hotel accommodations were satisfying - very pretty, very clean...and actually reasonable prices! BUT! A week after we got home from our trip, we had a bitter surprise - THEY CHARGED US AGAIN FOR OUR STAY! A WEEK LATER! YES, DOUBLE CHARGE FOR THE STAY! WE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Still can't actually...and sure enough, when I called with the complaint, the manager Allan and Kelly (whoever that is) weren't around AND the receptionist didn't want to tell me right away that they weren't around and tried to handle the issue on her own...which she couldn't do and told me to leave message for Kelly and didn't even tell me who Kelly was like she didn't know herself. Needless to say, the issue is still not resolved. VERY VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED and want our money back.
(If you decide to stay at this hotel DESPITE all the negative reviews, go ahead. Just take our advice - PAY FOR YOUR VISIT WITH CASH...and don't bring your valuables along because apparently they steal at this place too...)
ENJOY.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Denise L, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Kat J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your thoughts and concerns from your stay with us in September. While we are so glad to hear that during your stay at the hotel were good, we want to apologize for any charging errors that may have occured after your stay. These matters are taken very seriously, and we would love to have the opportunity to research and take care of this for you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact the General Manager Allen Kirincic at your earliest convience wither by phone or email, (516) 997-5000 ext 411 or akirincic@hiwestbury.com.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you.
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is close to lots of stores, places to eat, the beach and just 15 min from St. John's College. It's a average place to stay. Not great but, not awful. The rooms are ok. The restaurant ok but, I don't think I would eat there again. You have so many other choices around the area to get something to eat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Cervini63,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed 2 weeks 10th - 24th August this year. Arrived from Dublin at 9pm NY time (7 hour flight) with hubby & 13 year old son. Shattered. Booked room through Booking.com. Having read lots of other reviews on Trip Advisor we asked for a second floor room at back of hotel overlooking the pool. We got a grotty downstairs room looking onto a busy car park! Air conditioner unit was so old & noisy that I slept on the bathroom floor for coolness & peace!
HOWEVER, next morning I pleaded my case to the lovely Christian at front desk. He said this often happened with 3rd party (Booking.com) bookings - they had set rooms to offer & just ignore client requests! He immediately moved us to the second floor / pool view etc.
I had emailed the manager Allen before we left asking for a big room etc as we were staying so long. There were no suites available so he assured us of the best room available & gave us a fridge & microwave unit free of charge. He was most apologetic that the plan hadn't come together on the first night.
We had a most pleasant stay I am very surprised at the previous negative reviews - unless they stayed in that one grotty room we did the first night! Yes, it could do with new carpets in the hallways but there were so many positives. Rooms were so clean - maids did an excellent job. The 2 lifts were quick & very clean. The guest laundry room was a Godsend! Reception staff were warm, friendly & genuinely seemed to care that we had a good time. They were full of advice & tips - and craic! They printed train & bus timetables for us, phoned taxi companies for prices, recommended restaurants, entertainment & shopping and just couldn't do enough.
The pool was a little oasis of calm in the busy area - clean & well maintained. Surrounded by mature trees & shrubs etc. Yes, there were a party of lads who checked in on a Saturday & were quite boisterous in the pool. It made it a little uncomfortable for us & the other family there but I have no doubt of I had complained to the management they would have been ousted! Pool opening times were clearly shown & seemed to be flexible to a certain degree.
The restaurant was very good - basic food but plentiful & reasonably priced. Service excellent - as usual.
Hotel is situated in a busy area / on a busy main road. Rooms are mainly to the back of the hotel & well sound proofed so you hardly hear a thing. It is close to a few good Outlet stores & quite a few restaurants etc. Bus stop right outside the door & Long Island Rail Road just a short walk away (taking you into NY in 40 minutes for just $8 - one way adult fare).
Jones beach is a 20 min / $35 taxi ride away (for 3 people - they charge per person here) - and WELL worth visiting. Hurricane Sandy blew the boardwalk & restaurants etc away in October but it is well rebuilt & facilities great. You don't have to pay to get on to the huge, beautiful, well kept beach (unlike $12 for Long beach which only has the boardwalk rebuilt but no facilities rebuilt). We got buses home (one connection) at just $2.50 per bus per ride - regardless of journey length - but it took an hour. Bus drivers all very helpful to us dumb tourists!
We had a great holiday here. All in all the only thing that would have made our stay better would have been having a one bed suite - but there weren't any available at time of booking.
Not the most palatial hotel I have ever stayed in but certainly one of the friendliest. And for Long Island / NY it is reasonably priced for the facilities & location.

Room Tip: See room tips - second floor with pool view best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear GD542013 ,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a detailed review about your stay, it is greatly appreciated.

I apologize that the room type you requested was not available during your stay but am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a different room throughout your stay. We strive to provide the best customer service for our guests and a clean and friendly environment that all our guests can enjoy while they are at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a great experience at our location and look forward to seeing you when you are in New York again.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

To be fair, the hotel stay was fine -- meaning the room and overall the staff, the breakfast, the location -- all that was fine. We stayed for 9 days, during which time we came to attend a huge family party but unfortunately, also then had to attend the very untimely funeral for a loved one. But having someone just ENTER YOUR ROOM at 10:30pm without knocking or calling was bizarre. It was a hotel worker -- saying he came to remove a fridge/microwave we had requested upon checkin. We were just over halfway thru the trip, and this STRANGE and SPOOKY intruder just walked in. Thankfully nothing awful happened but imagine that. Very very odd. Saw his (short stocky latino guy) in the lobby again the next day -- but being busy with mourning services, had to quickly move on... then upon checkout, when we emptied our safe (they keep the safety deposit boxes in a room by the front desk), we noticed TWO watches stolen - one ladies, one mens. But oddly, the money and another watch and other jewelry were still there. There was NO MANAGER to complain to and we were rushing to catch a flight -- so wrote a long letter to both the front desk manager Kelly as well as hotel manager Allen. No reply STILL. So save yourself money and heartache, this HOLIDAY INN brings down the name of the entire company - the entire chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear LGSharma,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Westbury, NY. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!