“Amazing Cottages!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green Cedars

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Vincent
Green Cedars
34379 State Route 12E, Cape Vincent, NY 13618   |
Pune
“Amazing Cottages!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at Green Cedar Cottages in May’13. We had booked cottage #3. This is a wonderful cottage facing the river. The cottage has 3 bedrooms and has a fully operational kitchen. It has a wonderful deck facing the river with stunning views of the Thousand Islands. One can use the barbeque which is installed on the deck. The bathroom is fantastic as well. All in all, a must go place if you are visiting the Thousand Islands. My daughter very much enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from a week in cottage #6. I must say I was very impressed. The owners are very kind and helpful! It's obvious they take pride and put alot of heart into green cedars. The grounds had beautiful gardens and lovely willow trees. The cottage was clean and comfortable and had a nice "home" vibe. Nice and calm surroundings. Close to town and stores. Wifi and cable tv, gas stove and anything else you would need for cooking. Loved the added bonus of a blender and an old school waffle maker :) It was a great place for our little one (2 years old) didn't have to worry about him falling into the river. Had many relaxing nights fishing off the docks. Beautiful sunsets right on the St Lawrence. I cannot say enough about the hospitality. This place is a true gem. We will be booking again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012
Ambler, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Before booking I specifically asked if they provided wifi. I was told and their site said they did. However upon arrival I tried to use it and was unable to. I called the on grounds help to get help connecting. This person made a token effort to establish a connection, told me it worked last year and left - no wifi for the week!
The stove is a gas stove that has its pilot light lit constantly which keeps the temp in the cabin hot all the time but worst of all during the day cause theres no way to block out the afternoon sun (no shades). I can't imagine how ANYONE could stay here in the middle of summer.
But the real fun was at night. The place is infested with some kind of flying bugs that are drawn to light. Both the front and back doors DID NOT close all the way leaving a way for the bugs to enter the cabin. So basically you can't have the lights on at night without inviting tons of these creatures into the cabin.
There are many other places to stay at in this area I suggest you do just that.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Carol T, Owner at Green Cedars, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
We are sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We would like to let you know that Green Cedars Cottages is now under new management for 2014. All operations and reservations are now being handled by Angel Rock Waterfront Cottages & Vacation Homes, right next door. There are many improvements to come and we hope that you are willing to give us another chance in the future.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was my third stay at Green Cedars and next summer will be my 4th. The cottages are great, clean with everything you need and located overlooking the river. They are not right on top of each other (as some other places are) and all have a great view of the river from their decks. The owners are great to work with and I have never had any problems. I highly recommend Green Cedars!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Carver, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My brother, our friend, and I have been riding our motorcycles( over 500 miles) to Green Cedars for 7 years now. The cabins are rustic but very clean inside. Everything is supplied (except food and drink) for a nice stay. Although there is no air-conditioning, we've found that being on the river cools things down. Also, the river is one of the cleanest in the country with warm waters for swimming.
Greg and Ann are great hosts with problems (if any) are solved immediately. In fact, this trip I discovered, about 20 miles from Green Cedars, on our way home, that I left my wallet. My brother and friend continued on home while I went back. Ann, Greg, and the cleaning staff spent a half hour helping me search( as it turned out, the wallet was found at the local restaurant several days later).
Knowing that I couldn't meet the others in Boonville without gas, Ann was gracious enough to loan me $30 and mail the wallet back to me!
We're looking forward to our trip next year!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Well, I wish I didn’t have to write this review but here it is. “Vacationers Beware”. I my significant other and another couple visited Green Cedars to spend a long 4th of July weekend on the River. When we arrived it was nothing like the online brochure. Yes, everything is provided in the cottage however you’ll have to spend a good hour or two with some general cleaning. The boat launch is capable of launching a john boat, canoe or kayak. I don’t think any average size boat would make the turns let alone the vertical gap on the ramp. The first evening was spent with the owner trying to discuss the cottage we were supposed to be in and the cost of our camp. The camp was booked in May; the check was cut with the camp number and the nights we planned on staying. Let’s just say mass confusion! We couldn’t understand, we payed the balance with cash but when we asked for a contract or receipt he denied the request. So, even after all this we continued to make the best out of our weekend. Saturday night we took the boat to Clayton’s fireworks came back for a small bonfire and went to bed. Sunday morning I woke up to go fishing, after running out of my minnows; I returned to the dock. I went to the open secure overflow parking lot and found my company truck vandalized!!! All three sides of the vehicle were keyed, dented and gravel was placed in the fuel tank. I went to see the owner about the incident and his reply was that I was targeted, then he just got in his car and left the property! He advertises to keep the boat out of the river at night and to park your rig in the open secure lot out front because he won’t be held responsible for damage that occurs at the dock. Not secure! Long story short, I’ve had no luck dealing with the property owner over this matter!! Vacationers BEWARE!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Carol T, Owner at Green Cedars, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Rochester,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

We just had our annual family reunion at Green Cedars for our second year. We plan to go again next year. Each family could have their own cottage for some privacy, but all are clustered around a common area for picnicking, play, relaxing and a bonfire. It was right on the water,but protected enough so little ones couldn't easily fall in. The kids fished off the dock, swam in the river, played in the fields and could even walk down the lane and pick an apple, pear or plum off the trees. Since each family has at least one pet, we have had difficulties in the past finding places that welcome animals, but we all felt welcome here. One cottage had a very large living/dining area that opened onto a huge child-proof deck overlooking the water. We could all comfortably gather there for meals or just to play games and hang-out with the whole big family. We just had to pack food, swimsuits and fishing poles; everything we needed was there-from wine glasses for the grown-ups to the marshmallow sticks to use at the bonfire.
We'll all be looking forward to our next family reunion at Green Cedars!

• Liked — Family-feeling of the place, and that it was pet-friendly
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything right now
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Green Cedars? Share your experiences!