“Monaghan's” 5 of 5 stars

Description: phone 315/654-2456
Upper Montclair, New Jersey
“Monaghan's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

They don't serve breakfast but the lunches and dinners are very good. Only opened wednesday through Sunday. Menu includes Irish, Italian and American food. I ate mainly Italian & Irish dishes prepared by Marco, an excellent chef from Italy. Service was attentive and friendly.

Visited August 2013

Watertown, New York
“beautiful decor, wonderful food, and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

A large group of friends met here for dinner and the staff were so accommodating! There were about forty of us, we all ordered off the main menu, some of us ordered drinks and appetizers, and we were all able to have separate checks. Our food was great and timely. We all ate out on the screened in porch, since it was so nice outside. The inside of the pub is breathtaking the decor is very authentic. I was so pleased I will be bringing my family here to show off the gem I have found!

• Visited August 2013
Rochester, NY
“Nice decor but not on the water's edge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

One of the nicest places to eat in Cape Vincent. Food is good, a bit pricey but good. Staff was a bit slow. the A\C was not working the day we were there. Back deck area is nice and big but no view of the St. Lawrence River. If you want to be on the water's edge eat at Captain's Jack next door to the Horne Ferry that takes you to Wolfe Island then Kingston. We did ask to see the Monaghan's hotel rooms. Newly renovated but very dark. Dark woods not a lot of daylight coming into the room. Beware the shower stall was made in Japan and is very short. My 6'3" husband had to bend over to get his head under the water spout.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I was on a fishing trip to cape vincent.I had not been there in years.I was suprised to see the roxy hotel,which had been in pretty bad shape the last time I was in town completely renovated.I had to stop in.The food prepared by chef Marco was terrific,the service staff excellent especially Allie,we had dinner there 3nights.I highly recommend

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Canada
“Great spot for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Five of us made the trek to Cape Vincent, NY on a quest for some Blue Moon Ale with a bit of lunch. As we waited for the Horne Ferry to take us across the border, we asked some New Yorkers for recommendations for a lunch spot and Monaghan's was their first suggestion.

Our server was very accommodating and was supportive of our quest to cross land and water for a delicious beer not available to us in Canada. The fish and chips were tasty, according to the men and my panini sandwich was delicious. The potato soup was also yummy! Kids menu was good, chicken fingers were a hit.
The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed and the building itself is beautiful. The wood Celtic carvings around the outer door is fantastic.
We would come back again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere