“Always a great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
South Burlington, Vermont
“Always a great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've stayed here numerous times over the past 4 years and I've had great experiences each time!

The front desk manager, Paul does a great job. Ina and the other front desk staff are fantastic!

I've had many wonderful meals in their restaurant, and the bar has a nice selection.

There have been recent upgrades in the halls which include: Carpet, wallpaper, chair rail moulding, light fixtures and paint. I am told that there are many upgrades and remodels planned for the rooms in the coming months.

As the rooms are now, they are still very well kept and very clean.

I always look forward to spring at the BW University Inn because the hotel property is located directly on St. Lawrence University Golf Course. I have gone from the front door of the hotel to the first tee in less than 10 minutes! Full Pro Shop with snack bar, driving range, practice green and lessons with a PGA pro are all nice features.

Don't hesitate to book this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Canton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Going through renovations, but you are not disturbed at all. Paul and staff are always so welcoming! Paula took great care of us for dinner in the lounge and Gina handled all our needs at breakfast with a smile and a full coffee pot! Hotel of choice when here on business!

Wantagh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our stay was great. Had a wonderful breakfast Feb. 1st.. before going to Potsdam for music audition. Wanted to give kudos to Gina & crew at the Best Western University Inn for their great service and enjoyed out stay. Keep it up !!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CantonNYSales, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially breakfast with Gina. She really is a shining star in the dining room. I have shared your review with the entire staff and they were very excited as well. We hope to see you back again soon.

Until then, we will "keep it up".

Truly,

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Gina waited on us for lunch and I must say Gina is very sweet, kind and always comes to the table light hearted and refreshing. Great plus to the staff!

She is friendly and even remembers your name.
Gina always has a smile on her face and welcomes you with job as if she really loves what she is doing.
she is a plus to the staff at Best Western University Inn .

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Canton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I took two of my grandchildren and my husband to the Best Western Dining Room for dinner on January 28 for my husbands birthday. The food was excellent portions were large and the service couldn't have been better our server was Heidi. After dinner we went into the lounge and Ellen and Paula also were very attentive to our needs. It was a great dinner.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CantonNYSales, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Dining Guests,

It was such a pleasure to hear your kind words about our restaurant and lounge. After sharing the review with the entire staff; Heidi, Paula, and Ellen were all very happy that they were able to make your birthday occasion a success. Thank you for your time and for the great feedback. We hope to see you in again shortly.

Until then best regards,

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

my stay at the best western university inn canton was exceptional. the staff was very professional and caring. especially gina and morgan. i work in the service industry and everyone here was very professional. when i travel in the north country of new york i stay at this location.

Room Tip: have stayed in different areas of the hotel. all were good. road side is a little noisey but did not...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CantonNYSales, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our property. I shared your review with the entire staff. Gina and Morgan were ecstatic that they were mentioned for their professionalism and caring. We were all so please you had such high regards for our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Until then,

Ogdensburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was dropped off by my bus @ McDonald's downtown Canton and my family couldn't travel to pick me up because of a state of emergency in our county of St. Lawrence . My son called Best Western University Inn and next thing I knew someone was there to pick me up and take me to my room. I was so exhausted and my room was so warm and cozy. The next morning the manager Elaine became aware of my being stranded and allowed one of her workers, who had volunteered to drive me home to Ogdensburg, to take off the time from his job, and not be penalized for it. She even loaned him her car ice-scraper to clear his windshield of ice to be able to drive more safely. He was a well-mannered young man and quite confident driving his 4-wheel drive truck. Please reward him, if possible. His name is Colin Allen! I would recommend this hotel to one and all! Great b/fast I had there, too and very friendly staff!

Room Tip: If you like scenery---get a room that looks out on the golf course in the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CantonNYSales, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a true pleasure to read your review. I have already recognized Caulin and shared this story with the entire staff. What he did was a true demonstration of staying with people who care. We hope you made it home for the holidays to spend time with loved ones.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Justin A Chapman, CHA

Been to BEST WESTERN University Inn? Share your experiences!