“Quaint and quality” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
potsdam NY
“Quaint and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Counter service for lunch and bus your own tables- very small and quaint. Good selection of quality ingredient based foods- slant on organic and local. I got a Caesar salad with chicken for $7- it was small like a side salad BUT I did not over eat and the dressing was wonderful- so I stayed within a good calorie budget.
If you are into portion sizes this is good as well as being conscious to eat better- I was pleased.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, service and cafe atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Any time of day you can't go wrong eating at Blackbird! At lunch they have great sandwiches and salads. I stop by to grab coffee or chai and one of their absolutely to die for ganache dipped macaroons, and the dinner menu is DELISH! The staff is consistently pleasant and the food great quality. They use local foods, too. The other night a group,of us arrived for dinner at 7:30, not realizing they closed at 8. Our wait staff was attentive and never made us feel rushed. You can feel comfortable eating here alone, with friends or with kids.

“Delicious food, delightful atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The village of Canton has a gem known as the Blackbird. We had three different paninis at our table... All were exquisite. The desserts were yummy and they had a nice selection of beers. The service was great. This is casual dining at its best. You won't be disappointed. PS Vegetarians will be pleased with the choices here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, New York, United States
“Always a delight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Consistently excellent food, beverage, service. We dine here regularly. Recently attended a private party in the upstairs banquet space; it was wonderful. Both service and fare were excellent, as expected!

Visited October 2012
Hermon, New York, United States
“My Favorite Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have never eaten dinner here, but I have eaten lunch at The Blackbird Cafe numerous times.

The atmosphere is warm, cozy and inviting. The cafe is painted a warm red and has warm wood accents. It is not a big space, but it is not tiny either.

The service is good. Once you order at the counter you are given a card, a server brings your food out (it can take awhile) and then you bust your own tables. Most of the workers have been very friendly when I have been there.

The food has its high points and its low points. My favorites paninis are The Toboggan and The Roast; my mom and sister love The Philly Cream. I always love their soups (it changes everyday, but I have loved all of them that I have tried). You have an option between pasta salad or bean salad when you get a panini and both of them are excellent. I typically stay away from the chicken at the Blackbird, because the four times I have ordered a panini/salad with chicken it has been dry and lacking in flavor. I also was not fond of the French Dip (good sandwich, but the au jus had way to much salt in it), but I have only ordered it once so maybe it was just a bad batch of au jus.

• Visited June 2012