“Over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Canandaigua
Plymouth, Michigan
“Over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Off season we paid about $153 and the rooms were very dated and nosiy. We could hear every shower and toilet flush above us. Location is great and hot tub was comfy. Not sure we'd stay again though w/o a remodel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel is located at the north end of Canandaigua Lake in the NY Finger Lakes. Some of the rooms have a beautiful view of the lake and a walk out patio. However, this hotel hosts many, many weddings and has a permanent large tent that blocks much of the view. The rooms are old and need updating. The lobby and hallways smell. The indoor restaurant is fair. There is a small bar -- no entertainment. There is an outdoor bar at the water's edge called the Sandbar. Again, a beautiful location but the Sandbar is filthy. Could use a good powerwashing. Boaters can pull up and dock and use all the facilities the hotel offers which is nice and I believe they have overnight dockage if you travel by boat and are staying at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Inn on the Lake for a conference that was taking place there, so I'll try not to write this from the prospective of a tourist. The room was comfortable and I especially liked the ease with which I could control the temperature. The decor is a little dated, but that doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother others. The selling point of this hotel is the gorgeous lakeside view. Lots of Adirondack chairs and gazebos outside, right on the lake. They even have an outdoor lakeside bar, which I would've enjoyed had I not been there on business! If you're traveling through this area, I'd recommend the Inn on the Lake.

Room Tip: Try to get a lakeside room if you can. I was on the parking lot side and wished I could've woken...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a wedding reception and liked it a lot. We loved sitting on the dock at night and enjoyed the central location. Don't miss the New York wine and culinary center right next door! We will definitely stay again. The room was ok, nothing special.

• Stayed August 2013
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed one night for a concert at CMAC. The hotel is dated with low ceilings and an oddly decorated lobby. The property is picturesque. A great place to wake up and enjoy coffee overlooking the lake. There is plenty of dockage for the lakeside, open-air pub. The pub was fun and quick to bring orders out. There was a shuttle service (new E-series van) available to the concert. $15/pp round trip (parking is $10/car and walking distance is 2 miles). I worked out very well for this type of travel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location of room (225) was great. Our balcony overlooked the pool and lake. We enjoyed the balcony, watching the boats. The room was quiet and very clean with plenty of towels. The bed was not comfortable and needs to be replaced...we felt like we were sleeping on cardboard. My husband ended up sleeping on the couch. Meals were very good but expensive. The room cost for 2 nights was over $500.....We paid dearly for the balcony with the view.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in room 225...very clean and enjoyed the view but the room was not worth...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked a night at this inn and chose a lake view room, which is higher cost than a regular room. I let the front desk know I would be arriving later in the evening to ensure my reservation was held. I arrived at 7:30 PM, and was given a room immediately off the lobby. I asked for a different room as I could hear the bar band and restuarant from my room with all the windows shut. They told me there was no other room so I was stuck. The room was very noisy and my view of the lake was blocked by a large party tent. The room was dated looking and the bathtub did not drain properly when I used the shower. The next morning, I wanted to do a bit of sightseeing before I checked out. I asked for a later checkout than the standard 11:00 am, and was told I could check out at 11:30 am. I travel frequently for work and pleasure, and this is the first time I ever was given only a half hour extension. I came back to the hotel at 11:27 am, gathered up my belongings, and was walking out of the room at 11:33 when a hotel employee came to knock on the door and throw me out of the room. Again, I have never had that happen in any other hotels. The room was certainly not worth the price, and the service was terrible. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Inn on the Lake? Share your experiences!