“Stay at The Chalet!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Bay Area
“Stay at The Chalet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I am not a B&B type, I like the anonymous, sterile hotel environment typically, (preferably a new property), due to wanting to withdraw from society when I travel until I'm ready to engage. Recently, the hotels we always have stayed in were totally filled and I had to find a place for my husband and I while visiting our Finger Lakes family for my Honeys' 50th birthday celebration. During a frantic search of best hotels/resorts in the area The Chalet appeared and I thought we'd try it due to the fabulous TripAdvisor and other reviews. So very glad we did-Pattie and Margaret made us feel at home from the moment we arrived until we departed. They constantly went out of their way to ensure we felt comfortable while at The Chalet and while in the area by making dinner reservations and suggestions. Not to mention they prepared fabulous breakfasts adhering to my dietary needs. The surroundings are gorgeous, morning doves, green, lush ponds and trees and Nature no antiseptic hotel could ever offer.

We loved The Chalet so much we purchased a gift certificate for our parents. So what are you waiting for? Reserve today if you have the need to be in the Finger Lakes area!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lee Suite...large and comfortable. I'm sure the others are great also.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Washington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

After an 18 month long engagment and planning a wedding, the Chalet was the most incredible end to such a hectic planning. It was absolutely stunning and relaxing and beautiful. Patty and Margaret did an incredible job of welcoming you in. You feel like you're at home when you first meet them. I work in a hotel and the cleanliness of the room is immaculate. I had the best time and cannot WAIT to go back! Absolutely love it! Breakfast is made with care and thought, along with the incredible dessert! Wouldn't have wanted to spend the night anywhere else any other way! I can't wait to go back and enjoy a longer time there. Balcony Suite is 100% the way to go!

Room Tip: The Woodsview room is located next to the kitchen and common area so that might be a bit louder earl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were looking to get back to nature and boy did we pick the right spot! Last year we had downsized from a 6 acre home on a lake to an urban 2 bedroom condo and were missing trees, birds,water and even the geese. Well, the Chalet has this and much more. I loved that Margaret and Patti pampered us with a gourmet breakfast and a good movie to watch at night. They even made a reservation at a good restaurant in town. They sure know how to make people feel welcome in their gorgeous home. My birthday was one to remember, and we hope to go back next year. Sue and Alex

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Baldwinsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

After multiple deployments(one just ended),raising the kids,and everyday stressors we needed to find the PERFECT place to get away(the first time in 8 years) & the Chalet was it(we stayed on 4/22)! I spent many hours looking for a place that had what we were looking for & terrific reviews.After much searching we found the Chalet.Our stay was better then we could of imagined.Pattie& Margaret were more then welcoming from the moment we got out of our vehicle& throughout the whole stay.They both really know how to make you feel at home from the delicious dessert after dinner,the super soft sheets ,the great conversations,etc.The place is BEAUTIFUL inside& out.The food was incredible&they so kindly catered to me being a vegetarian.Thank you Pattie& Margaret for making our stay a memorable one.P.S The ONLY complaint we could have is that we only stayed for one night!Can't wait to come back...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our first romantic B&B experience and it certainly set the bar high - we were blown away. From the moment we walked in we felt warm and welcoming vibes; Pattie and Margaret felt like old friends. It is so apparent how they love what they do - they have thought of absolutely everything to make your stay the most comfortable and relaxing experience it can be. We couldn't think of anything that could be wanted. From the fuzzy blankets on every chair and at the door - in case you want to sit on the deck on a chilly night - to the delicious dessert waiting each night, we were completely content in every way. We simply can't wait to go back for another stay at the Chalet. ~ Jess and Hiro

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
staychalet, Owner at The Chalet of Canandaigua, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Jess & Hiro, THANK YOU very much for the kind words, Both Pattie and I enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you in the future! Take care till then.....Margaret
PS Great Pics!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about the chalet. Its a beautiful place, we felt so welcomed and comfortable, great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was my first stay at a B&B and it was incredible! The Chalet is absolutely beautiful- rustic but elegant. We stayed in the Lee Suite and it was divine. No detail is overlooked. From the large comfortable bed to the fabulous soaking tub and separate shower- its heaven. Margaret and Pattie were such gracious hosts - pointing out areas of interest in the surrounding area. The breakfast was delightful - delicious! I am looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
staychalet, Owner at The Chalet of Canandaigua, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
THANK YOU so very much, we are glad you enjoyed your stay, it was our pleasure.
We look forward to your next visit!
Margaret & Pattie!!!!!

Been to The Chalet of Canandaigua? Share your experiences!