“Buffalo Chicken Sandwich” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Western NY
“Buffalo Chicken Sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great pub grub. I suggest the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich!

58% Recommend
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great beer selection to go along with good bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Have been here more times than I can count but on my most recent trip it was for a few beers after dinner elsewhere. One thing no one can be disappointed with is their beer list. It is the best in the area by far! Probably close to a 100 beers from all across the globe and also the option on sizes of beers. If you're coming to eat, don't expect gourmet but expect pretty good bar food. I can't remember a time where I've been disappointed by the food and will continue to come back for more food and beer. The atmosphere inside is nothing special between the two dining rooms and the bar. The bar's decor feels a little a dirty but that's ok, as long as they have good beer it makes me happy. There's also a nice outdoor seating area in the summer time, which doesn't have much of a few but is a nice change of pace.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vilseck, Germany
“Great Food not so great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The reviews that say that the service leaves much to be desired are absolutely correct. When my husband and I ate there recently, we ended up seating ourselves because there was no one to do it. We also got menus ourselves.
However, the food more than makes up for the crappy service. Both of our sandwitches arrived hot and were incredibly well made. They were absolutely delicious. We were rather disappointed that we couldn't finish them but were happy to take them back to our hotel to snack on later.
So, bottom line.....the service sucks but the food is wonderful

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Skip the Restaurant, Don't Miss the Beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I've visited the Grill and Tap Room twice in the past month. The first time, it was with friends for dinner. I scoured the menu but had a hard time finding an item that didn't sound extremely bad for my cholesterol levels and my conscience. I decided on the taco salad, which was served up in an edible bowl that was a giant, fried chip. The taco filling wasn't bad at all, but I had a difficult time swallowing the "chip" and ended up leaving the majority of it on my plate. It was extremely greasy - I could taste the smooth fat texture with every bite.
I returned to Mc Gregor's last night on a date and we stayed at the bar. I don't know exactly how many beers are on tap, but there are a LOT of them, and the choices are extremely appealing. There were several drink specials on pints and pitchers, and a wide variety of both domestics and imports. The bartender was a very friendly, funny, and generally likeable young man. The crowd was happy and casual, varying in age, and consisting mostly of small groups of friends, along with some couples and a few drifters that were usually ready to strike up a conversation. I definitely recommend coming here for a cheeky few with an ambiance that is both warm-spirited and laid-back enough to hear what your companions are saying.
For the ratings I left below, consider them pertaining to my experience at the bar.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Only go if you have time to wait.......and wait....and wait....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Stopped here prior to attending a CMAC event w/plenty of time. I work in a restaurant myself and did not think it was overly busy prior to an event. Our server took forever to come introduce themselves to us. Took our drink and food orders & never returned to check up on us to let us know that they were behind. We waited for an hour our food, but to no avail, did not ever come. So irritated, we got up & left. If we hadn't we would miss our show. There wasn't even a hostess or manager to complain to on the way out. Just glad we didn't waste our money on such poor service.

• Visited June 2011