“Worst place I have ever seen” 1 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn & Suites Canandaigua
4232 Routes 5 & 20, Canandaigua, NY 14424 (Formerly Canandaigua Motel)   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Canandaigua
Amesbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Worst place I have ever seen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We checked in without looking at the room because we were exhausted from traveling....after getting to our room within 60 seconds the smell hit us...mold.. urine...uggh..I went right back to the office and demanded my $70 back..even tho it said no refunds she knew I meant what I said I am allergic to mold..I got my refund..she had the nerve to say did you touch anything I said NO I wouldn't touch a thing in there.....we went 4 miles down the same exit and got an amazing deal waterfront Ramada inn room 90 dollars king size bed gorgeous room with a breakfast buffet you would not believe.....Red Crapit INN yuk

Room Tip: go 4 miles down to Ramada INN wonderful
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Elmira, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed a couple days before Christmas and we were the only ones there. The first room they gave us was so hot when we first walked in, and after many attempts to lower the heat - we finally packed up and went back down to the desk. They did give us another room on the same floor and the heat was fine....but no hot water. If you're looking for a place to just sleep then it will work for you. (the bed killed our backs). We travel to this area frequently, and we won't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mountainhome, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hey, we're not talking the Waldorf Astoria here. The building is close to Rt. 20, but very attractive on the outside. Hotel staff is very nice. Room? Well, it was a place to sleep and take a shower. All they had available was a queen suite. It was a huge space with sparse furniture. Coffee maker with no coffee. Promise from the front desk that "coffee was always available in the lobby". Except when I went down at 6 AM and there was a handwritten sign on the door telling me to keep ringing the bell until someone came out to open the door. Since I didn't want to disturb them, I drove to Tim Horton's and got coffee. The "breakfast" was plastic-wrapped muffins and Cheerios. Bottom line: We took a quick trip to the Finger Lakes on the spur of the moment. Hotels were all booked, this place was available and the price was a bit steep but not outrageous. It wouldn't be my first choice if I planned the trip, but overall it is very suitable for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: The three rooms in the front middle are actually 2-room suites. The rest are singles. A lot of peo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This property does the job--rooms are clean, quiet and the beds comfortable, but I would describe it as no-frills. The mattress on the pull-out couch in our suite was so thin that my 11 year-old complained of a sore back the next day. The continental breakfast consists of dry cereal, prepackaged muffins, orange juice and coffee. Staff was very pleasant and responsive to our request for more towels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tenterden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The owners of this motel are very pleasant but we had a few basic problems. There was nowhere to put sponge bags in the bathroom, we had to kill a few ants in the room and the breakfast is extremely basic (so much so that my husband only had coffee and I had a bowl of cereal I wouldn't normally touch). Overall, we had travelled through the USA for two weeks and this property offered the worst value for money we encountered.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
st.lazare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for a regatta this week and found the hotel through tripadvisor. For the money everything seemed ok. The beds were comfortable and the place was clean. The only this we notices that the couches and chairs were stained which was a little gross. It would not take much to clean this up and I was surprised that it had not been done. They offered coffe and donuts or muffins which was ok. Remember you get what you pay for and members of our group had stayed in other places that were much worst. The ownwers were very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

quick stop, room was clean, relatively comfy, good price compared to rentals in the area. front desk a little slow... but courteous. would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites Canandaigua? Share your experiences!