“good eats” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New York
“good eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

something different to eat...cute restaurant with variety of crepes to enjoy...good prices also..restaurant is located in downtown area.
Liked the variety of crepes - downtown is somewhat limited..but very quaint and charming.

Visited July 2013

91% Recommend
Canandaigua, New York
“Artistic presenation; phenomenal taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The concept of concentrating upon crepes as the backbone of a meal certainly is original enough. The Simply Crepes restaurant in Canandaigua exists in a renovated space with real character. The winning touch comes with an unbelievably creative and artistic presentation of entrees that taste as good as they look. The cook responded in person to compliments; The manager and serving staff were completely delightful! I shall return soon and again!

• Visited September 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Exceptional Service for Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After having dinner at the Canandaigua location and checking out their private room, my fiancée and I decided to host our wedding rehearsal dinner here. When that night rolled around we had every confidence that the food would be delicious, and it managed to still exceed expectations. Frankly though, that is secondary in my mind to the way we were treated and the service that was shown.

The staff was truly exceptional, to a person. They combined hard work and professionalism with friendliness and approachability. I enjoyed their company and felt that they were truly at my disposal, and yet I never needed to ask anything of them because they were so on top of things. Individually, the entire team came up to us early on, introduced themselves, congratulated us, and invited us to let them know at any point if they could help. And their actions reinforced the fact that they meant it. It was impressive and appreciated.

When the manager later followed up to ask if anything could be improved upon, the only thing that came to mind was that at times some of the serving dishes (we had a buffet) were waiting (though not very long) to be refilled. But I had to stop and think to come up with anything, and I consider this a pretty minor (and expected) issue.

In general I'm not an overly harsh critic. But similarly I don't tend to give away praise – I am just that impressed with the service we received. And that we received it from everyone that we came in contact with. The team at Simply Crepes earned every word above for making our night – and the start of our wedding weekend – such a great one!

• Visited September 2013
Port Hope, Canada
“Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We found this on TripAdvisor and gave it a try. What a fantastic find. The service was so great, like walking in to your mothers kitchen. Had the crepes egg bendict and it was perfect. We enjoyed it so much we returned the next day for breakfast. Lovely decor, lovely staff and fantastic food. We would eat here again

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield
“One word ... FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner. I had the tarragon chicken crepe with cream sauce. It was "lick the plate" good, and our server, Nick, was truly delightful. We had the petite crepes for dessert, which were also very good. We are here for three days and will try to find time to return. Yum!

• Visited August 2013