“Canandaiuga's Top Casual Dining Spot? Maybe,,,” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 99 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Located on the northern shores of Canandaigua Lake, we proudly offer a menu that features Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, and Pasta. Drink selections include Finger Lakes wines, locally brewed beer and locally roasted coffee. At Nolan’s, you will enjoy dining on fine food in a relaxed atmosphere at an affordable price. Voted 2011 “Best New Restaurant” in Ontario County.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Canandaiuga's Top Casual Dining Spot? Maybe,,,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I'm thinking Nolan's could be Canandaigua's top casual dining restaurants. It offers up one of the better diverse menus in the area. Over the past few years I had their seafood, pasta's and beef entrees and I'm yet to be disappointed. Service seems always friendly and has never been an issue on any of our visits. Their new location is very comfortable and well appointed. It remains one of my favorite spots in Canandaigua.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clay, New York
“Good service and most of the food was wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My Sister and I had an early dinner there tonight, they had just opened in their new place Memorial Day. We were seated in the sunroom which was perfect for the wonderful spring day with lots of sunshine. I ordered the Captain's Platter, which included shrimp cocktail (2) the cocktail sauce was perfect sinus clearing-just the way I like it. Salad with homemade dressing.. I had the creamy gorgonzola and my sister had the avocado ranch-both very good. My meal also included a choice of filet mignon or steamed prime rib and scallops or lobster with another side. I chose the prime rib medium rare and lobster tail, both were very good and had plenty of leftovers. My sister is a vegetarian. The only offerings that they had were pasta without meat, which was fine. She ordered the Broccoli Alfredo, she felt that the sauce was from a jar , broccoli was probably frozen but was not bad, portion was large. Service was right on, our water was never empty and we were never without drinks. The wine list was respectable and affordable.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“New location continues the good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed Nolan's on the lake and now in its new, expanded location a few blocks away, it continues its tradition of solidly good food, cheerful service and crabby owners. Try to be seated by the pleasant hostess who is not the owner so the rest of the meal is not shaded by an unpleasant owner interaction. The quality of the food and attentiveness of the server are worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
nviolas, Owner at Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Nolan's and please accept my most sincere apology for the interaction you expereinced with me. At Nolan's we vaule the customer's experience and we take pride in the way we pay attention to details. Your comments serve as a great reminder that every interaction matters and that our customers deserve our best even when we are feeling crabby. If you decide to visit Nolan's again, please introduce yourself so I can extend my apology in person. Thanks again for your helpful review.

Nick Violas: Owner, Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake
Canandaigua, New York
“Nolan's has moved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nolan's has moved up Lakeshore Drive to the prior location of Doc's Restaurant and Manetti's Restaurant. The decor is cpmpletely different and the bar area in particular is very nice. Same great food, particularly the steaks, and friendly folks

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Canandaigua NY
“Great meal in new location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We got the chance to dine at the "new" Nolan's on their first day back open! Everything was great - the beef entrees (two different steaks were enjoyed at our table) and the scallops were excellent. Our server was enthusiastic and very friendly and personable. We also had the coconut cake which was absolutely delicious!

Nolan's has not missed a beat in their transition to the new location and I wish them much success!

• 5 of 5 stars Food