“Very dirty room that stunk of smoke.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Canandaigua

You added Super 8 Canandaigua to your Saves list
Super 8 Canandaigua
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4450 Eastern Blvd, Rtes 5, 20, & 332, Canandaigua, NY 14424   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Canandaigua
“Very dirty room that stunk of smoke.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for two days and chose this motel based on location. We were told that non smoking rooms could not be guarenteed. Unfortunatly, we were put in a smoking room that stunk. We were unable to open the windows because the screen was ripped. The carpets were sticky and filthy. We all wore our flip flops while walking in the room. The walls were so thin that I was awake all night listening to opening doors and yelling. In the morning my kids and I had bite marks on our ankles. Hmmmm... I'm thinking bed bugs.... I could not stay another night so checked out and drove 20 minutes to a clean and well maintained hotel. We were very disappointed in this motel and would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I think the bed bugs were chain smoking in our room. Nasty and dirty place. Floors in the room were sticky and there was hair in our shower drain when we checked in. The staff as pleasant enough and the location was convenient but overall I was very disappointed. Never again will I stay here!!

Watertown, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Super 8 Canandaigua on June 3, 2012. We were in town for a Lady Antebellum concert. (Apparently, so were a lot of other guests at the hotel.)

I can't say we we were greeted by anybody. We stood there in front of the unattended desk and waited for about three minutes. We could hear a TV blaring from another room. Finally, an elderly woman with a name tag reading: PAT materialized.

"I'm sorry!" she said. "I get watching the ball game, and I forget where I am!"

Other than that, check-in was swift and we were directed to Room 208. No elevator here, so we climbed the stairs. The small room non-smoking room featured two double beds with ugly comforters that looked like they were from 1988. The carpets had been recently vacuumed, but it looked old and worn. Our room also contained a dresser, nightstand, old-school TV, dining table with two sad-looking chairs, some lamps, a clock radio, a coffee maker and a safe. No fridge, and, to my dismay, no ironing board or iron. I had to iron my concert clothes, so I called the front desk and asked if they had these items in-house.

"Yes," Pat replied. "But can you come get them? I'm all alone."

My husband returned to our room with an iron and a small, table-top ironing board, which had wobbly legs that wouldn't stand up. He also informed me Pat had been loudly arguing with an elderly male guest in the lobby when he went to retrieve the items.

Later in the afternoon, Pat was gone, and a much friendlier and more helpful hotel worker gave us information about the best way to get to the concert (nearby shuttle bus stop), and other useful tips about the general area.

I noticed there were a lot of other Lady A concert attendees were staying at the Super 8, and I was a bit worried that there might be a lot of loud, late-night partying in the motel. Fortunately, either the revelers were already all partied out, or the Super 8 has good, thick walls. Either way, I was able to get a good night's rest. So, yes, the beds were comfortable.

I would recommend the Super 8 Canandaigua for nothing more than a one-night stay, and for traveling on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Burkburnett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. Room was clean. Good location. Quiet area. Bed was HARD.

Queretaro, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Ample parking. Clean lobby and rooms. Clean bathrooms. Nice air conditioning. In every Super 8 I have stayed in the beds are super firm (read, plywood covered by a sheet). The rooms in the back overlook a small pond and wooded area which is very nice. This property is super close to the lake.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the pond
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Farmington Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at this Super 8 the week of June 19-23rd to visit my cousin. I have never been so impressed with the upbeatness and courteousness of the whole staff. Workers running to hold doors for you and even helping move into the rooms. This was a most impressive atmosphere and added to the great time I had while visiting my cousin. You could go a long way and spend a lot more money and not find this kind of service. Even guests sitting out front two different times asked me if I needed help with my luggage.
Thank you so much for a great time. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms in back facing lake are a bit darker outside to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Pole, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We spent one night here for the Steve Winwood / Michael Franti concert, location is excellent. Room 207 was very clean and comfortable, no complaints at all. In fact, the view from the window is of a very nice small lake (offshoot of Canandaigua Lake) and a nice wooded area across the water. The geese were very happy there too! Brenda was a wonderful receptionist and both staffers were very helpful in choosing local restaurants. I must mention Manetti's which just opened a few blocks away, excellent Italian dishes and their menu also included steaks and seafood. We really enjoyed dining here.
The continental breakfast at the Super 8 is minimal and we had planned to go to the Lafayette for breakfast, but we enjoyed the bagels, juice, and coffee at the motel.
We will stay at the Super 8 for future concerts. A HI Express is being built next door though and that will probably be a nicer option I would guess. But the Super 8 is a good choice.

Room Tip: A rear facing room affords a much nicer view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Canandaigua? Share your experiences!