“Excellent dinner for all” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Pittsford, New York
“Excellent dinner for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Dined at Rheinblick German restaurant with my wife and son. It had been several years since we 1st frequented this restaurant. We were promptly seated upon.arrival (reservations). The food was outstanding and service attentive. We shared the Currywurst and Spatzle appetizers which were both delicious. The entrees were quite tasty and authentic. Their Beer selection offers a decent variety of German brands. Overall it was great experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Parkhill, Ont
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This restaurant was hard to find but well worth the effort. It was busy the evening we arrived but they said we could eat on the patio if we thought it was warm enough. We love German food so we agreed to eat outside. I sure am glad we did. My daughter and I decided to go with the sampler dish for two. So we had a taste of several of their meat dishes. They all were lovely. We had great service even though we were the only two sitting outside at the time. It was served promptly. Our server Monika was very friendly. We had great food, great service, and a great time. Definitely a return visit is in store.

Lockport, New York
“Just an excellent restaurant and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I ordered the pork shank which was enormous with a crispy exterior and perfectly tender interior. It provided me leftovers for two days! The sauerkraut was excellent, as well as the other sides that I had ordered. As usual, there is just no topping German beer and they have a fine selection here as well.

Rheinblick has a very impressive menu with a large dessert, schnitzel, beer, lunch, dinner, and even gluten free specialties. I am very impressed with this restaurant and it is by far the best in Canandaigua.

Ithaca, New York
“Never open for us.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My brother and I go up to the area every year to put flags on our ancestor's grave, and we've stopped to have lunch at this Restaurant at 12:30 on a Tuesday or Wednesday for 3 years in a row, including today. There website says they open at noon every day. Well, they've never been open for us, and we won't bother trying again. I wish they would put their CLOSED sign on the front door, so one can see it from the road, and not even bother to park, but NO they make you park your car and then walk down an alley to their side entrance and have a tiny sign on a gate saying they are closed for a Staff Meeting, which I am sure is a complete LIE. Doesn't matter how good their food might be, if you can't taste it! They are not nice people and are rude to potential customers. We are in the accommodation business and are now going to tell our guests to avoid this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Canandaigua, New York
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I like German food and this was very nice, thank you. The saurbraten was good and I loved the spatzel. One of the waitstaff was having a bad day but was as courteous and attentive as could be.

• Visited June 2013