“Great food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Ohio
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I ate lunch here while visiting Canandaigua and just loved it!! We got there a little early...the restaurant opens at noon, but the waitress was very nice and let us come in and have coffee and study the great menu . I am of German decent and have been to Germany many times to visit relatives and I found this food to be very good and authentic! It really tasted just like my grandmother made. We both had the Sauerbraten lunch which was great. For dessert my husband had the Strudel with ice cream, and I had the Sachertorte for dessert, which is a chocolate cake with apricot layers in it. I was impressed with the quality of the meal and the Sachertorte was fabulous! Chocolate taste but not too sweet. There is a nice outdoor seating area too. The beer selection is nice and they have a good nonalcoholic beer as well, called Erdinger, if you want the beer taste with food but not the alcohol. We will come here again when in the great little town of Canandaigua!!

Visited September 2013

New Jersey
“Authentic German”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Rheinblick is a real German food experience. We started with a 32oz draft beer. Enough for the two of us ($8.99). My wife ordered the Schweinshaxe or pork shank served with mashed potatoes and sour kraut at $19.99. I had the Wiener Schnitzel with spetzel and kraut. Both entrees were huge and delicious. This is small store front restaurant with German trappings and the wait staff dressed in German costumes. Reservations are needed as this is a popular place. The service was competent and friendly. It is a fun and different destination that we will be sure to return to.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanborn, New York
“Good place to visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Rheinblick Restaurant, in Canandaigua, NY, is a mostly authentic German restaurant with owners hailing from "Der Vaterland". The German food was excellent, however the atmosphere in the restaurant could be improved by ventilation. The restaurant didn't smell as if the food would taste as good as it did. We ordered the Rahmschnitzel and the Jaegerschnitzel, and they were excellent. The Kale Suppe was very good also. The salad, which I imagined would be a Gemischte Salat, was more an Americanized lettuce salad with dressing. My Jaegerschnitzel could have benefitted from more mushroom gravy (Sosse), and the Spaetzle was as good as I've tasted, but could also have benefitted from the availability of some additional "Sosse". A nice glass of Riesling topped off our excellent meal. If the smells emanating from the kitchen had been as good as the food, the rating for the Rheinblick would have been 5 Stars!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Authentic, wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here in early Septmber with my husband. I make my own Saeurbraten from my German Grandmother's old recipe and it's so delicious I decided I didn't want to order that and be disappointed, although I probably would not have been! My husband ordered the Weinerschnitzel and I ordered the Madiera Schnitzel. My dish was unbreaded veal in a madiera, lemon and caper sauce with a side of spatzle and roasted carrots. I was absolutely blown away by how good this was. The veal was tender, and the portions were large. Very good wine selection and we tried both a beer flight (large flights!), and wine flight. Wonderful service, nice establishment. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed if you like genuinely good German food. Will definitely go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atco, New Jersey
“Good German Food, Great German Beer..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you like German food this is the place to go in Canandaigua. I had pulled pork and 32oz of Paulaner Pilsner. Good staff and reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013