“We'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Miami Resort Motel
You added Miami Resort Motel to your Saves list
4126 Rt 5 and 20, Canandaigua, NY 14424   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Canandaigua
Rochester,NY
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the second overnight getaway for my husband and me at the Miami Resort Motel in Canandaigua. Our first stay was in 2012 in one of the bungalow king suites. Dennis walked us to the room and showed us how everything worked. It was very spacious, spotless, and fun with a Jacuzzi tub and bedding with zebra stripes. If that wasn’t enough, the pink tile in the bathroom brought us straight back to the 1950s. On our most recent trip at the end of August, 2013, we opted for a smaller, queen Jacuzzi room. Valerie introduced us to their “stuck in the 70s” tangerine dream room. There were a few pipes running along the ceiling, but that didn’t detract from the overall charming, kitschy décor. What a blast from the past! During both of our overnights, our hosts did their best to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay. There was plenty provided for the continental breakfast, fresh fruit, breads and other pastries. We used one of the cute, colorful trays to take breakfast back to our room, however, there were many people enjoying breakfast on the lobby patio or at tables in front of their rooms. We’ll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Niagara, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The only reason I didn't give this place a five star rating was because our initial impression of it was unsettling. It looked old and unkempt. However, we trusted the Trip Advisor community and went for it. We are certainly glad we did! As everyone else has stated, the place is impeccable. It feels like you are stepping back in time. Everything you need is there. The owners are very friendly. The breakfast, although served in the small office area, was excellent. Trays were available if you wanted to take something back to your room. There are tables outside your room if you prefer to eat outside. As others have said, this place is still a work in progress. I would suggest to the owners that they give as detailed attention to the 'street view' as they do to their rooms. I'm sure a lot of people pass them by because of the initial impression. Thanks to Trip Advisor, we did not!

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

my wife and i stayed here 4 days and 3 nights. the room was impeccable.
the furnishings and color schemes were delightful.
the owners could not have been more pleasant and helpful.
the continental breakfast items were fresh and plentiful. more than enough.
a note to all travellers: do not pass up the Miami Motel. and,
Canadaigua i hope you are aware of this most delightful place in your midst.

Waterloo Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The adage don't judge a book by it's cover is never more true than here. This is a labor of love for the owners who are intent on restoring this unique motel to it's former 1950's glory days. It is a work in progress but.... my, the completed rooms are as retro as they come. This is a welcoming, comforting and engaging place to stay where you can actually feel like it was yesteryear not a cheap knock off. Our first thought was, we could stay here,forgo the rest of the trip and feel great about it. Close to everything but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. If you want to continue the retro experience for dining, head to the Green Front Restaurant on Niagara Street and step back in time. What a perfect match.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My daughters and I stayed here in July. The 2 room unit was large, clean and comfortable. The owner made sure all of our needs were taken care of. When I called, a description of the room was provided. When we arrived, the first thing the owner said was, "let me show you the room to make sure it meets your expectations, before you decide." Who does that?? There were 2 queen beds and a settee as a third bed. With two teenagers, everyone needs their own bed. The settee was not a pull out couch with all the springs that make sleeping impossible. This was more like a twin bed. The owner brought a lovely hamper with very high quality mattress pad, linens and blankets for the settee. We all slept comfortablly and had a great continental breakfast in the morning. What I really appreciated was the love and care that has gone into the rooms. Our unit was cheerful and comfortable. It was more like a B&B than a motel where every room has 2 beds and a nightstand, the same bedspread and furniture. If you stay here, you will be happy and comfortable. I travel extensively and have done so for years. I can tell you this was a fun, quirky and delightful experience.

Room Tip: Try one of the king suites! I'll be going back to the area and plan on staying here again in on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

To see this little motel from the road you probably would not think much even though compared to the other little motels along this stretch of road it is one of the nicer looking ones. However once you check in and meet the wonderful owners who personally walk you to your room - even though mine was right next door to the office!. They walked me to my room even offered to help with my bags - once inside the wonderfully decorated and colorful room they showed me where everything was and how the air conditioner and TV worked then left me to relax and enjoy me stay. Which I indeed did - I was there to attend a nearby wedding and checked out the next morning after enjoying there continental breakfast which was in the lobby where they had wonderful trays to carry your breakfast back to your room to enjoy. This is a great little motel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: wonderful little place and even though my room was right next to the office it did not effect my tim...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I was greeted by the pleasant hostess. She showed me a couple different room and helped me decide on the one perfect for me. Very clean with nice little details. Lots of character and charm. I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!