“A Real Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Miami Resort Motel
4126 Rt 5 and 20, Canandaigua, NY 14424   |
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Canandaigua
Waterloo Ontario
“A Real Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The adage don't judge a book by it's cover is never more true than here. This is a labor of love for the owners who are intent on restoring this unique motel to it's former 1950's glory days. It is a work in progress but.... my, the completed rooms are as retro as they come. This is a welcoming, comforting and engaging place to stay where you can actually feel like it was yesteryear not a cheap knock off. Our first thought was, we could stay here,forgo the rest of the trip and feel great about it. Close to everything but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. If you want to continue the retro experience for dining, head to the Green Front Restaurant on Niagara Street and step back in time. What a perfect match.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My daughters and I stayed here in July. The 2 room unit was large, clean and comfortable. The owner made sure all of our needs were taken care of. When I called, a description of the room was provided. When we arrived, the first thing the owner said was, "let me show you the room to make sure it meets your expectations, before you decide." Who does that?? There were 2 queen beds and a settee as a third bed. With two teenagers, everyone needs their own bed. The settee was not a pull out couch with all the springs that make sleeping impossible. This was more like a twin bed. The owner brought a lovely hamper with very high quality mattress pad, linens and blankets for the settee. We all slept comfortablly and had a great continental breakfast in the morning. What I really appreciated was the love and care that has gone into the rooms. Our unit was cheerful and comfortable. It was more like a B&B than a motel where every room has 2 beds and a nightstand, the same bedspread and furniture. If you stay here, you will be happy and comfortable. I travel extensively and have done so for years. I can tell you this was a fun, quirky and delightful experience.

Room Tip: Try one of the king suites! I'll be going back to the area and plan on staying here again in on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

To see this little motel from the road you probably would not think much even though compared to the other little motels along this stretch of road it is one of the nicer looking ones. However once you check in and meet the wonderful owners who personally walk you to your room - even though mine was right next door to the office!. They walked me to my room even offered to help with my bags - once inside the wonderfully decorated and colorful room they showed me where everything was and how the air conditioner and TV worked then left me to relax and enjoy me stay. Which I indeed did - I was there to attend a nearby wedding and checked out the next morning after enjoying there continental breakfast which was in the lobby where they had wonderful trays to carry your breakfast back to your room to enjoy. This is a great little motel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: wonderful little place and even though my room was right next to the office it did not effect my tim...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I was greeted by the pleasant hostess. She showed me a couple different room and helped me decide on the one perfect for me. Very clean with nice little details. Lots of character and charm. I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed August 2013
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one evening in late July. The price is right, the rooms are clean and Valerie and Dennis are wonderful hosts. The continental breakfast hit the spot with seasonal fruit, bagels, and spreads. Our room had a carport and a sitting area outside. The motel is close to the lake, downtown and a Wegmans! Valerie showed us to our room and answered any questions. Dennis and Valerie are redoing each of the rooms themselves. The other guests are friendly and many are return visitors which says a lot about the motel and the hosts. Strongly recommend you stay here. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here mid-August. The room was exceptionally clean and the location was very good for the activities we wished to do. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and tasty. The main reason why I will go back is the personal service provided by Dennis and Valarie. Firstly, good info was given about golf courses in the area. Secondly, and most importantly, we had car issues and the two of them were very helpful. They called Fox's Auto to assist us and the tow truck was there very quickly. I cannot imagine what this would have been like without their assistance. We are thinking of making Canandaigua an annual trip and we will always stay here!

Tom P.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed for our second anniversary in July. It was unique - we had a bright orange room, like we had stepped back 30 years into a Miami home. The staff was friendly, the room was cozy, the jacuzzi was great. The only drawback is that the property is under maintenance, so it looks shabby from the outside. We also found the room not perfectly clean, but I'm sure that happens to the best motels/hotels sometimes - nothing to be worried about when booking. We would and will return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!