“Terrible treatment! Lost our business!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooperage Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Calverton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Twomey Avenue
Description: The Cooperage Inn takes great pride in serving the freshest fish, meats and local produce available. Sauces are expertly prepared on premise by our chefs. The name "Cooperage Inn" comes from the craft of coopering, which goes back a few centuries, when it was the major method of packaging. We are located in the Long Island Wine region. Wine makers have always relied on the skills of the Village Cooper to store and age their wines.
Nassau, New York
“Terrible treatment! Lost our business!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went for our 4th annual family brunch to the cooperidge inn before cutting down our tree only to be harrassed and embarrassed at this establishment. We walked in, no hostess,no big deal our family was already there at the bar, checked in and we know our way inside and out. We proceeded to walk to the bar and we are yelled upon - are you here for the party, we politely smile and say no, to hear the coat check lady with her head popping out say well you just cant walk in , you have to wait for the hostess. My husband tells her our family is already here and at the bar, she said you still have to wait here. Since when do you have to wait for the hostess to go to a bar? I continued to walk as I was shocked and disgusted with the behavior of the staff . As I continued to walk, I and my daughters are stopped by two waitresses asking if we are with the party, again a polite no, then asked where are you going..... I looked at her stern because now at this point I am pissed and say to her we are going to the bar to meet our family who is already here. She says youre going to the bar, I say Im going to the bar, she says you have family at the bar, I say I have family waiting for us at the bar. Now I go to the bar, greet our family,tell them what is going on, turn to go and get my husband, to see him coming into the bar and he said he had to be escorted to the bar! What was the president there that you couldnt go to the bar? Or have to be escorted? They lost our business and we are a huge party as well. We have never been treated in such manner at any restaurant we have been too. It was distasteful and disgraceful. For such a pretty place and area you would think the staff would have some sort of class. We also patronage this establishment quite frequently over the summer as well, not anymore! I will also mention, our loyalty to Cooperidge Inn was such that last year a mouse ran right across our feet as we were leaving the bar to be seated. We made mention of it to make them aware. We still came back this year after that, but this behavior by more than one employee just shows poor management!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Riverhead, New York
“Ladies Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's a great place for ladies who do lunch and happy hour on Wednesday's. Food and ambience are good. They have a menu that alllows you select the portion of your meal. Very good for those of us watching our figures.

Visited October 2012
Riverhead, New York
“Thank you Cooperage Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Although your food is always good, the 2 best things you did this week were giving out free ice to anyone that needed it and the 15% discount on meals. Being without electric for 5 days was difficult enough, but the ice you provided kept my fridge cold enough to even keep my milk fresh. Thank you 100+ times.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“Autumnal repast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Anne & I took the ferry from Bridgeport, CT (Just about 25 miles from Stamford) to Port Jefferson Long Island. It's about an hour cruise & on October 21, 2012 it was an absolutely beautiful journey across Long Island Sound. We were in Port Jeff in about an hour. We were met by an old friend & proceeded to wine country.

Along the way we happened upon the Cooperage Inn which was having fall festival event. Live music (good band that name goes unremembered.) I had the half rottisirie chicken, Anne had a bratwurst & our friend, Patty, had the pulled pork. Everything was great. Anne drank an Octoberfest brew, Patty was driving & had a hot non-acoholic cider & I indulged in 2 local chardonnays.

On to Martha Clara Vineyards. Great space, also live music & a wonderful tasting.

Go while the weather is still good. This is a great day trip.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good place to take Grandma”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The decor reminds me of an upscale assisted living facility. The food is middle of the road and not at all imaginitive. The 'Fall Festival' is not worth the stop. There aren't many restaurants for miles in any direction and I am sure it helps business at the Cooperage. Head out to Mattituck or down to Riverhead to eat.

• Visited September 2012