“Not as nice as before” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Callicoon
Brooklyn, New York
“Not as nice as before”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went to Villa Roma in August. Stayed in a time share. Room was nice. Food was disappointing. Variety of free things to do... especially loved the water arobics & Zumba. (Great fun at Bingo, horse racing & turtle racing. $)

Haven't been to Villa Roma since August 2010. Big problem in 2010 & still in 2013 is the outdoor pools. People grab loungers, chairs & tables when the pool opens. Leave their stuff to mark their turf for the whole day & then leave. There is never seating for people who come later for a few hours of swim. There are arguments among guests & the Villa Roma staff is hopeless to help.

I have no intention of ever coming back to Villa Roma.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tony C, Manager at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your review with us.

Our outdoor pool area is of course, one of the most busiest areas of our resort during the summer months. We have devised a system which has helped out greatly and gives all of our guests the opportunity to sit at the outdoor pool comfortably. There is an area that is reserved for late arrivals to start off with. We also have additional lounge chairs stashed away when the pool starts getting pretty busy. We also have instructed our pool staff that if you do have difficulty finding a seat, they will gladly help you.

It is disheartening to hear that you will never come back to Villa Roma Resort. Although there is so much to do and our staff cares a lot about our guests, we do understand that there are some out there that may not believe Villa Roma is suitable for them.

We appreciate you sharing your review with us and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Ridgewood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the villa Roma because of the views....We booked two room with breakfast and dinner....First night we went to dinner. They sat us at a table...The waiter came over and said get up ..You don't belong here...This is already taken..Go back to the person who sat you here.. We walked all over the crowded dining room. They sat us by the staff working area..I told them I can't sit there. Because I am not having plates passed over my head..After moving around three times..We were settled. We talked to them, and the next day service was better..The last day we had breakfast...We had to wait an hour..Because there was not enough waiters in the dining area...During the day we used the free mini van...We asked to be dropped off at the fishing pond...He said, Where are your poles? This is really for timeshare...He dropped us off...He said, call the front desk, and they will call me...I said our cell phones don't work up here...I can't pick you up...I was livid...I am a senior citizen...My legs were killing me... we rented the poles..just to have fun with the family...I told him you better pick me up...I am not going to be left here...We asked him to pick us up at 2;30...we had to find staff with a radio..He called the front desk for us...We bought drinks at the pool bar ..He was nasty...We tipped him. Still nasty,, Customer Service is everything...If you don't like your job..Work somewhere else....Maybe if you owned timeshare it's different...One Good thing..Doc is excellent...He does bingo, horse races, turtle races..He is great..Good luck at Villa Roma
by kathy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your review with us.

We are sorry to hear that you had some issues in the Main Dining Room in regards to your seating. Traditionally, guests enter the Main Dining Room and see the maitre’d who will then seat you. This is done so it helps prevent the confusion of seating arrangements when guests decide to seat themselves.

Our shuttle service is complimentary and takes our guests throughout all areas of the resort. Our shuttles serve a lot of guests at any given time throughout the day and evening hours. Our drivers will be more than happy to pick you up at designated times as long as they are told to. Traditionally at any of the outside outlets, a radio or phone is usually available to call them back.

Doc Holiday is a huge asset to Villa Roma Resort. He has a very involved social and recreation program that keeps our guests busy all day every day. We are happy you had a great experience with Doc and will make sure he knows about it.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us, we hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going to Villa Roma since I was a little girl. We are timeshare owners and look forward every year to week 33. I was really impressed with the renovations and remodeling that has been done at Villa Roma. It has been a few years since I was able to make the trip but i'm glad I did this year. We got to get away with our family and enjoy the time off. lots of family activities and something to do for all ages.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been going to Villa Roma for years. We come up atleast twice a year. One for a family vacation and we choose have adult time so we come up on a theme weekend. We do stay in the hotel, the rooms are very clean and staff is awesome. The food is out of this world, i wish I could cook like they do, the dailiy activies and entertainment are awesome. The Villa Roma is a place that if you dont have a great time there, you will never have a great time any where. You will never be bored at the Villa Roma.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Dawn! We appreciate you writing such a wonderful review about Villa Roma!

Your review is an accurate reflection of what Villa Roma is all about! A place for families or a place for “adult time”. We accommodate couples, groups, conferences, local organizations, families, and so much more. Villa Roma is the place for everyone, no matter the time of year.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals here at our resort. We will make sure that our entire kitchen staff is aware of your great comments and commend them on their great work. Working in the kitchen, especially when we are in the peak of the season, is a daunting and challenging task, but they always seem to do a fantastic job!

Thanks again Dawn for sharing a great review with us. We look forward to having you at one of our theme weekends. Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been going to Villa Roma since I was a little girl and it has always been a memorable experience for my entire family. We are timeshare owners and look forward every year to week 32 as we get to reunite with family, friends and the wonderful staff at the Villa Roma. I was quite impressed while visiting last week since it has been a few years since I was able to make the trip. The grounds are still as beautiful as ever, there are new playgrounds for kids, water activities, more pools and they have built of bunch of new timeshare units. That alone shows the great demand for this wonderful vacation spot. My boyfriend, an avid golfer, throuroughly enjoyed his time on the beautifully kept course and raved about the views. There is never a dull moment at the fine family establishment. From the daytime pool activities and entertainment, to afternoon bingo, to dinner, shows and dancing - there really is something for all ages. I look forward to keeping this family vacation tradition going and hope that my kids get to make the same wonderful memories I have made at the Villa Roma.
Week 32 - We love you!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am in my early thirties and have been going to Villa Roma since I was under five years old! My family is a timeshare owner and we go the same week in August every year! Villa Roma has always been the vacation that I couldn't wait for all year long since I was a little girl!
Growing up as a young child going to VR, there was always plenty to do and there still is for young ones (my friends bring up their children now). There is a kiddie pool, turtle racing, contests, circus shows and a staff who plays entertains them with activities if you sign them up!
The staff has always been friendly and housekeeping keeps everything stocked and clean in our unit! Nightly entertainment is fun and is what I look forward to every year! Drinks by the pool bar are great, as well as the drinks in Marty's lounge at night! I usually go to the comedy shows at night before Marty's and the comedians are funny and worth going to! As far as food, the Club House serves great dinners and the Roman Cafe is good for breakfast or lunch! Restaurants are great in town and only less than 10 min drive (Pepinos, 1906 and Stone Arch Inn).
Villa Roma is a place that I would highly recommend for families and singles of all ages!

• Stayed August 2013
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been a Time Share Owner with Villa Roma for over 25 years, along with my family and friends. Throughout the years, it has been a great experience for all of us.The management and staff continuously provide superior service ie, dining room, hotel/villa suites, entertainment venues, game rooms, and express a strong interest in accomodating our needs from start to finish during our stay. The dining room meals are properly prepared and served in a timely manner. The Entertainment venues provide quality acts and pleasing to all.
Our group, totalling nearly 125, always have a great time. Recently, some very dear friends of mine vacationed at the Villa along with thier children for the very first time. They agree that their stay was a wonderful experience, and they needn't worry about their children who were kept busy throughout each day by their caring entertainment staff. They're looking forward to a return visit next year. On a personal note, I want to express my sincere appreciation for the superior service provided to me by my housekeeper Rose, Dining Room Manager Tiffany, and Time Share Manager, CarolAnn & Staff. They all deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.

Kudos to all associated with the Villa Roma. You again have given me, my family and all of my friends, another wonderful and memorable vacation experience, and reason to return next year.

Best Regards,
Rich T.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!