“Great Trail Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Attractions in Burdett
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Painted Bar Stables is a community-oriented riding facility located just uphill from the scenic Watkins Glen, N.Y. The stable offers year-round guided trail rides to the general public as well as lessons, leasing, boarding and educational opportunities to facilitate dream-realization and lifelong relationships between people and horses.Specializing in trail riding, the stable has reliable horses to guarantee a safe, secure adventure on horseback for riders of all ages and abilities. Our experienced horses carry riders through the rolling landscape of the Finger Lakes Region on beautiful trails ranging from simple to rugged terrain. Each ride is carefully crafted through matchmaking of the horse and rider and selection of the perfect trail to give every individual the best experience possible.
Binghamton, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Great Trail Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had a great trail ride on Dozer. Caroline was a great beginner instructor on the ride and so friendly and personable. If I am in the area again I will definitely take another trail ride.

Visited August 2013
PaintedBarStables, Owner at Painted Bar Stables, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for this review. While I always like to hear from our riders I am especially happy when our amazing staff get mentioned in the reviews. Caroline is by far one of the best horsewomen we have ever had here at the stables to help beginner riders. We are proud to call her one of our own. Thanks for taking the time to point her out.

I'll tell Dozer you say hi!

“Best horseback riding tour ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My girlfriends and I did a wine weekend in the finger lakes and went horseback riding at painted bar stables! It was so much fun! Best instructor, such a good price too! Great scenery and awesome horses! Strongly suggest this place! Will def be going back on our next trip!

Visited October 2013
Cochranville, Pennsylvania
“What a wonderful adventure this was!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

For a surprise for my husband on our anniversary I booked a 1 hour trail ride. It was wonderful. I have only redden a horse once before and it was not a great experience. This experience was perfect. The owner was wonderful to work with and the girls who lead our ride were knowledgeable and so encouraging and helpful. The horses were beauties and well cared for. The trail ride was not just a ride on a loop trail but an actual walk throughout the wood, through creeks and hills etc. It was beautiful, scary and wonderful. I can not wait to do it again. And my husband grinned throughout the ride and was thrilled. he wants to do an over night trail-ride this coming year. On-line booking was easy and the communications were easy as well! Can not wait to go again!

Visited September 2013

“Great ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wonderful jaunt through the countryside. Friendly people. Great views. Each horse has their own personality and story. Very enjoyable ride!

Visited July 2013

Reston, Virginia
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am planning a third visit to Painted Bar Stables in 2014. The owner and staff are delightful, the horses are well-kept and well-trained, and the scenery cannot be beat. This is a must for those who love a great trail riding experience!

Visited July 2013