“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Burdett
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Finger Lakes Distilling is a New York State Farm Distillery. We use locally grown fruits and grains to produce a range of high-quality, handmade spirits. Including Vitner's Vodka, Seneca Drums Gin, Glen Thunder Corn Whiskey, McKenzie Bourbon, Rye and Potstill whiskey, as well as a variety of liqueurs and brandies.
Wilmington, Delaware
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our first stop on a recent weekend trip to the wineries. We went on a Friday afternoon and were the only tasters at the bar. They limit you to 3 tastes of your choice from Vodka, Gin, Whiskey, etc. I am a scotch drinker and purchased a bottle of the Irish Whiskey. You can have a sample of bloody mary as one of your choices (as my wife did). I suggest you do this as they make it with corn whiskey instead of vodka. It was delicious. We ended up purchasing a bottle of the bloody mary mix and the secret ingredient (celery bitters).

Visited March 2013

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Gracious host, and very informative about all the products that were sold. Catered nicely to our wishes.

Visited March 2013
Brookhaven, NY
15 attraction reviews
“Nice Afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good selection and very helpful staff. We particularly like the bourbon. I would recommend going during an off peak time to avoid the buses filled with drunken tourists.

Visited September 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Perfect Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was our third visit to the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and our first (and last) with a limo group. So wonderful had been our 2 previous visits to Finger Lakes Distilling (I have called it a “destination stop”) that we saved it until last. It was a choice, as the day went on, that I dreaded. Our group of 12 (some friends, some friends of friends) were drinking in the limo and (of course) at the wineries that we stopped at. Many of them became an embarrassment to my wife and me. We were not allowed in Hazlits, and Finger Lakes Distilling was our last stop. I asked the group to be good and we entered to a busy tasting room and I immediately saw John, our favorite server. I apologized for the noise that our group was making, John smiled and took control. He politely refused one of our members from tasting (we all agreed) – He did, what no one at the other wineries had been able to achieve. He kept everyone’s interest, mixed an amazing array of drinks and was able to explain not only what we were tasting but the process by which it was made. He totally controlled the group with his presentation. I dreaded entering our favorite stop in the Finger Lakes and found that it was still our best stop of the day. The variety and quality of spirits remains amazing. They have upgraded the bourbon (my favorite) and added an aged brandy that many of our group purchased. We look forward to our return in the summer, but will be returning alone. The quality of liquor is only matched by the quality of their staff.

Visited December 2012
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Smooth Booze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great vodkas, whiskeys and fruit liqueurs. Nice atmosphere and great servers :) Generous samples. I bought the raspberry liqueur.

Visited November 2012