“Not bad at all!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Bronx
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel at the last minute. Went to NYC for a family trip and of course we couldn't find a descent prize hotel (everything was $350 and up!). You can imagine our surprise when this hotel came up in our search. At first I was a little hesitant because it is in the Bronx, but we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel is very clean, located in a quiet area in the Bronx, basically close to everything (supermarket, liquor stores, clothing stores, banks, restaurants, etc.). Beds were really comfortable and it was very quiet. Only issue was that we booked a room with a king bed, and instead got a double bed room, not the end of the world, so we made it work. Overall, I would reccomend this hotel, affordable, close to everything, and very clean!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Actually the hotel wasn't bad at all. Check in was fast. The rooms are small but clean. The staff were mostly nice especially Antoinette who works in the breakfast room. Breakfast was basic but good. And the staff makes the waffles for you. I only have 2 little issues. The windows in the room don't have sound proofing so you can hear the traffic in your room . I was facing the road so I 'm not sure about the other side. The breakfast only has 1 hot tray that has eggs and sausages. Maybe you should add another tray with bacon and home fries. I would go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Clinton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

They wanted nearly $200 for this dump on a Saturday. This place reminded me of something out of a horror movie or a roach motel--as if one who checks in would never check out! The parking lot fits about 10 cars or so. No real lobby. I asked to see the room before checking in, and when I got to the 2nd floor, it smelled like "weed" or some other nasty drug. I then said I wanted to cancel my reservation and the clerk said that I could not get a refund because I was past the point of cancellation. I gave that discussion about 2 seconds before demanding my money back!! And I won that brief discussion!

This place is solely for those who are used to low-budget hotels (or at least the location and decor of one)!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was most impressed by the cleanliness of this place. My expectations were not high but not only were they met,they were exceeded. Very helpful and friendly staff and the place is quiet. A little out of the way,but a great place for the Bronx.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

It was a great stay very nice people who work there. I actually had to leave early due to change of schedule and they were very willing to work with me in a reimbursement. My next trip to the Bronx this would be my first choice of stay.

• Stayed August 2011
Antioch, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

There are not a lot of hotel choices for the Bronx and I was quite surprised by this hotel. I had read some reviews and either the place cleaned up a lot or some people were being a bit harsh.

I had a deluxe and it was perfectly sized, had a great television, awesome internet speed, great decor, nice bed and bath and the housekeeping was the best I have ever had from any 2 or 3 star hotel.

The breakfast and lack of workout (unless I missed a workout room) were the only two problems for me. While breakfast was available, the room was cramped, but it was very nicely decorated. Also, there was a strong odor of marijuana at one point at one end of upper floor hallway, but my room was great.

Room Tip: You need to get deluxe room, unless the extra $20 or so a day is deal breaker