“I love City Island” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 1,094 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: T was in 1966 that the Sammys's Fishbox story began; From our very humbe beginnings in 1966 we have grown from a 26 seat snack bar to a 500 seats, full service restaurant; preparing upwards of 1 million meals annually. Our phenomenal growth has been most gratifying to us. Since the beginning we believe some things are as true today as they were years ago; quality attracts customers, value earns respectand compromise in either is inappropriate. Our formula is very simple; we serve the best quality food prepared fresh daily in a uncompromising manner and served in generous portions at affordable prices. We at Sammy's wish to thank our customers for your loyalty in the past and we promise to earn more of that loyalty in the future. Sincerely, Sammy
Nutley, New Jersey
“I love City Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We like to come here for a good fish dinner. The bluefish is great. I have brought many friends here. It
feels like the Jersey shore/Cape Cod but it is unique. I usually go to the Botanical Garden and then dinner here instead of Arthur Avenue. Pelham Park is also a great place to bike ride and then go to Sammy's for a nice seafood lunch.

Visited March 2013

Newark, New Jersey
“good food service and fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

seafood is terrific.
view is a picture.
People are fun.
OK for families as well or when just the 2 of us

Visited May 2013
Okotoks
“Delicious Seafood and Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our group went to Sammy's to celebrate a special occasion. We were really pleased with our entire visit! Our waiter respected our request that we not be rushed and let us sip our cocktails, read the extensive menu, and talk. He never rushed us and let us enjoy the food and the occasion. The drinks were tasty and everyone loved their selection. The food - what can I say! Sammy's never has anyone go home hungry. With our cocktails, we were brought 2 platters of bread, butter, cornbread and chilled veggies. With our seafood main course, we had corn on the cob and either rice or potatoes! The seafood selection is amazing - there is something for everyone. If you are not a seafood lover, then there are many other items to choose from. My only comment, is that we were all so full after eating our main course that we could not even contemplate dessert! The decor theme is nautical and the lighting is bright enough that you can see your food and your dining companions! Next time we are in the New York area, we will be back for another visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
White Plains, New York
“Seafood, seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went here based on reviews and was not disappointed. The food was plentiful, the food was good and it was reasonably priced. The only negative was the decor and seating. I will be back again (had the 2lb Lobster - was absolutely perfect!!)

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yonkers, New York
“Oldie but goodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been going to Sammy's ever since I was a little girl. This is where my parents would take us to celebrate anything or just any special occasion. The food is amazing and it's a lot of it. Now that I'm married and have my own family I still go there from time to time. The staff is not always the friendliest That's the only complaint I can ever have about Sammy's.

• Visited October 2012