“very nice visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 1,094 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Italian
“very nice visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The food was superb and the staff was nice, efficient and serviceminded.
The old lady still talk to guests about the good old days on Arthur avenue.

Visited August 2013

Roslyn Heights, New York
“A Quaint, Homey Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We ate at the Arthur Avenue Trattoria last night and it was charming. There are a few tables inside and an equal number outside. We were greeted by a lively lady, probably the owner, who parents' wedding in 1921 was in photos on the wall. (You can guess her age.)

The food was quite good. We had eggplant parm with spaghetti and chicken scarpariello. We started with their namesake antipasto which was excellent.

All in all, it was a satisfying experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, NY
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Growing up in a first generation Italian family just a mile from Arthur Avenue, I have admittedly high expectations every time that I go back to the old neighborhood. Trying the Arthur Avenue Trattoria for the first time since my regular restaurants were closed for vacation, I was truly disappointed since the restaurant is owned by the family that owns the legendary Mike's Deli in the Municipal Market. The antipasto plate was not fresh, the lasagna had an odd taste and we had to send the filet of sole back as it was too fishy. It's too bad as the ambiance is nice and the waitresses were attentive and charming.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Adorable Waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The ambiance of this little Trattoria is cozy and comfortable. We chose to sit inside on a nice July day as the door was open and the breeze came through. Our waitress was cute and helpful. My companions all chose from the Lunch Specials menu (around $16 each), and although the portions were certainly ample, their choices were mediocre, according to their reports. I chose a special based on our waitress' description, which I thought was very good. I didn't think to ask the price, which was my mistake. Over $30 for the fish entree which didn't even come with salad. If it was just my husband and myself it wouldn't matter, but with a group it's always best to be mindful of the price to keep it somewhat equal.
We love to cook, and come to Arthur Avenue twice a year to buy wonderful cheeses, salumi and special ingredients not found elsewhere, and usually have lunch. We haven't found a great place yet.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mount Kisco, New York
“A Bit Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently dined for lunch here. The waiters were very efficient and pleasant. A good wine list. The calamari appetizer was very fresh and even though it was fried it was not greasy nor smothered with bake crumbs. The disappointment was the lingine carbonera--it was fresh but very tasteless. I didn't have time to stay for dessert. The prices were very reasonable. I liked the enclosed outside area--it was cool and comfortable.

• Visited April 2013