“Inconvenient Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Bronx
Sunnyvale, CA
“Inconvenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Dragged my 50# suitcase, my carry-on and backpack up 1 flight of stairs to my very large room with a loveseat, 2 easy chairs, a coffee table, 2 end tables, a refrig., microwave and a king size bed. Very comfortable for 2 people.The shower temperature varies several degrees from cold to very hot, so very unpleasant. There is a loud motor running every night at bedtime requiring us to leave the TV on covered with a blanket to help cover the noise.
It's about a 1/2 mile walk to the closest bus stop through an industrial area. Bus connects to 2 subway stations. Nothing within walking distance to visit.

Room Tip: Second floor not easy to access with luggage but quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ravello, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

To be honest, i was not expecting a decent place because it was in the Bronx but this place exceeded all my expectations. Well, how can i start... The bed was queen size so it was not that small and the room was fairly big. The room was clean but the furnitures a little outdated. But they were not that bad though.

The room was quiet (at least on the second floor) and area seemed to be quiet and safe. The staff was alright and checking in was fast.

Honestly, i don't have nothing wrong to say about this stay, except that there was no complementary breakfast in the morning and i wasn't told so. It was also my mistake not to ask first. They had menus from nearby restaurants that delivered though.

They also have a restaurant indoor that opens only at nights, reason? I do not know.

I would definitely reserve another room here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Our flight got cancelled and i tried to find an affortable hotel to stay. I googled it and found this one. I decided to come because it was close to La Guardia. We came in and asked the guy for a comfortable room he told me to get a king size, i ask him what was the difference and he told me that the room was bigger. The room was really big, cozy and the bed was nice. The only thing was that i asked him for the first floor but he told me that they were all on the second floor. My girl liked it though because it was quite. The area seems to be safe. They have a bar but i didn't go in, i ordered some drinks from the room. I also liked that they had free parking.

• Stayed April 2013
Interlachen, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Arrived two day prior to my reservation due to the snow. Receive a room that the following morning I was made to check out of, and that evening check into another room. I am a senior citizen to be going up and down the maze of stairs. Instead of just giving me one room period. Also I had to pay full price for those two night, instead of giving me the discount price from the reservation. The front lady had an nasty attitude, Manager was not any different. The room had holes in the wall, bed was on two wood panel, and toilet was a rocking chair. The fire alarm was dangling down. I felt that at the time due to the storm they were price gauching.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever been to. It's so old Smells disgusting and there's a bunch of sloppy drunks at the bar area. It a hotel not a club please stop trying to make it that way. Never again even the price was changed from the phone to when we got there so I just gave it a chance only because I didn't want to drive 350 miles.
Their service stinks worst than their old sheets with holes and semen stains. Tear this place down !

• Stayed February 2013
Queens Village, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Unlike this reviews, I personally liked it. I have been there a couple of times and it seems to be getting better. New giant flat TVs in all the rooms but they need to improve the signal quality. I was there with my husband last week and he also said that it was not too bad. The only thing is that they are getting a little overpriced. First they gave us a non-smoking room that smelled bad but they changed us without any problem and the one that they gave us was nice. Oh! And need to change that old fashion bedspreads that only cheap motels use.

Room Tip: Request a deluxe king size for a couple of more dollars cuz the rooms are bigger and cleaner.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel room smelled disgusting the hot tub was rusty and it had a dead roach in the shower!
My boyfriend & i complained and was switched to another room which was a little Decent and was discounted two hrs but I wouldnt reccomend or Return to the Motel #YUCK

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Capri Whitestone Hotel? Share your experiences!