“Rats” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheridan Hotel

You added Sheridan Hotel to your Saves list
Sheridan Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1440 Sheridan Expressway, NY 10459 (Formerly Bronx Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bronx
Oil City, Pennsylvania
“Rats”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Blood on the door. Mold all over the bathroom walls. Woke up to 3 rats eating my food!! People smoking marijuana in the hotel. The sheridan is posing as a best western but really no affiliation all. To top it off I was charged 250 dollars for a 2 hour stay! This place is disgusting and unethical! Do not stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lawrence, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I feel the room was overpriced for the quality I recieved. There was no alarm clock. No hot water in the AM. Basically no items in the vending machine. No towels in room when checked in. Price of room should be $70

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had to write this review because -even a year after staying at The Sheridan Hotel- I still have good memories of it, and I wanted to counteract what the other reviewers have been saying. What I find about negative hotel reviews is that they are typically exaggerated and that the problem is mostly the guests and how they expect too much from it, and indeed from life in general.

I am a doctor from Ireland and I completed my doctoral studies in breast cancer. I stayed at The Sheridan because it was in a good intermediate zone between Albert Einstein College of Medicine (East Bronx) and Manhattan. I actually thought that the hotel was better than I had expected and I had no issues whatsoever. The guy at the desk was A.OK - I even arrived there from JFK Airport well after midnight.

I never left valuables in the room, but I wouldn't even do that at a 5-star hotel. How stupid can anyone be to leave valuables like an iPad in any hotel? You're too naive (this directed at one previous reviewer). The breakfast was perfect and the coffee especially was great. Being Irish, I have very white skin and I got some second looks, but I'm an easy going chap and keep to myself - I have no need to be in anyone's face.

I would stay here again if I had to return to The Bronx.

Room Tip: A big tip for any traveler staying anywhere: Get out of your ivory tower some more.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

It was horrible experience. No buffet and rude staff. They didn't clean the room and never make my orders when I ask to bring something. There was a poor and sometimes no internet and when I called to ask about that the front desk operator got upset and yielded at me then eventually hung up on me even though I was polite to him. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone whatsoever. It is a horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

we stayed here on the 21st oct 2013 and had booked to stay for 5 nights. all the positive reviews from the hotel must be totally false because the hotel was absolutely filthy, the carpet in the hallways, the dirt of the lift, the smell of hash, it just could not have been any worse. the room itself had wire wool placed in all corners to prevent mice and insects from getting in, and we were on the fourth floor! there were cigarette burns on the bedclothes and we were afraid to put a bare foot an the carpet as it was so dirty. we left the next day and would not recommend anybody even to take a chance on this dump, even the breakfast was all paper cups and plates etc in a filthy room. if this place was in ireland it would be closed down immediately. it is not in a good area either so even venturing outside at night was an option!

Room Tip: rooms are filthy and i mean filthy, couldn't believe how bad
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have stayed here 4+ times when visiting the city...All the staff have been extremely nice and helpful, and the rooms were nice given the price. The location is in what seems to be a good part of town, easy to hop on the highway. I will continue to stay here when I visit. And would recommend this hotel to other singles/couples coming into the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am not one to write reviews but the experience I just had at this hotel was so terrible! I booked this hotel for 3 nights. When we entered our room the bed wasn't really made, the pillows were thrown across the second bed and there were no pillow cases. The bathroom did not smell good either. Our flight got in so late so we decided to stay that night. During the night my mom saw a rat and we notified the hotel of that. All they did was bring a maintenance guy to put in a mouse trap! No one even offered to switch rooms for us. The carpet was old and soiled, you could smell weed and the wifi barely worked. The vending machine was practically empty. We decided to check out of the hotel because we had a baby with us and when we told the people at the front desk they said they would not refund for the 3 night we did not want to stay. The people were extremely rude. The manger came and basically brushed us off. After a heated exchange they finally gave us the money and were extremely rude about it. These people don't know a thing about customer service. We weren't the only ones that had issues with them. Book at your own risk!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheridan Hotel? Share your experiences!