“Botanical Gardens” 3 of 5 stars

and up
New York Botanical Garden Admission
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in Bronx
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Bronx, the 250-acre New York Botanical Garden is a showplace of nature in every season of the year. Discover 50 breathtaking gardens, indoor rain forests and deserts, 50 acres of native forest, a river, waterfalls, and rolling green hills. Major seasonal exhibitions and events complement the existing beauty of the permanent gardens, and highlights include the Holiday Train Show (November - January) and The Orchid Show (March - April). Getting to the Garden is easy! Public Transportation The Garden is just 20 minutes from Grand Central Terminal on Metro-North Railroad to Botanical Garden Station. It is also accessible by subway on B, D, or 4 trains to Bedford Park Boulevard Station. For schedules and maps, visit the MTA Web site at mta.Info Driving The Garden (2900 Southern Boulevard, Bronx, NY 10458) is located off the Bronx River Parkway at Fordham Road (Exit 7W) and is easily accessible from all points in the Tri-State area.
Long Island
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Botanical Gardens”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

I went here in the Winter so there was not much to look at on the grounds, but that is not why I went anyway. I went to see the train display. Which I must admit was absolutly spectacular. They had a whole set up of places in NYC made out of various parts of plants such as: Yankee Stadium, The Guggenheim, and the Statue of Liberty. It was amazing.

However in all the amazement I did not have such a good experience. I went on a Sunday and it was a 45 minute wait to get into the building. Which no big deal, I had hot chocolate and I waited. When you finally got in the people were so unbelievably rude. Not to say the display was bad because of that but it definitely took away from the experience. I was born and raised in NY and when people say New Yorkers are rude I get annoyed I don't believe it to be true, but after this experience I can agree to a point, I don't believe all were New Yorkers though. I didn't know who was worse the parents or the children. Pushing there way in front of you not knowing the word excuse me, I was going to the zoo after, but felt I was already there. I want to go again but I think I would take a day off of work and go when the children are in school to avoid that whole situation. It's a shame I didn't feel like I got to see everything since it was jammed packed and everytime you'd get close a little kid would push in between your legs and jump right in front.

3 Thank TheresaP

• Hungarian first
san diego
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“exquisitely nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2006

My friend and I visit at least a handful of botanical gardens each year, and the New York botanical garden is one of the largest and most impressive. Gorgeous garden: beautiful landscape and an exquisite greenhouse with plants from all over the world. I especially like the rose collection...so nice in the spring!

1 Thank nuio