“Fantastic Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Fantastic Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I had a Living Social coupon for this restaurant. Having used them in other venues, I ,have to say absolutely NO problem using it here. Now, for the rest of the deal. This is a hidden gem of a restaurant. Absolutely classy,understated decor, seamless service, topshelf drinks, and most importantly of all, the food is simply superb. No other words are equal. From our duck sausage appetizer, served exquisitely on a generous plate,with homemade mango chutney that was excellent,spicy, & not too sweet, great pairing, along w/ I think pita chips, homemade,, sooo good, mixed greens as garnish. Then, we had both ordered the brisket, One as an entree for hubbie, for me, on a ciabatta roll with fries. Oh, I had leek soup as well, hubbie had salad. I make leek soup, and this one beats mine!! We actually had to bring half my meal home, I was so full, along with a few slices of hubbie's meal. He always finishes his meal. Very well cooked brisket, tender, moist, delicious. The presentation of the meals is cool. My from scratch fries were in a wire basket, homemade ketchup on the side, and it looked like a fresh ciabatta roll, cut in half with tons of brisket, caramelized onions, crisp, tasty pickle spear on the side. I was in heaven!! Let alone my husband! Best meal we've had out in a long time. We shall return!! Also, the owner was very solicitous of diners coming in, making sure some elderly customers were comfortable. Nice. Prices are reasonable, and entrees include two sides.

• Visited January 2014

Takasaki, Japan
“Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The food was great- I had the Penne with Vodka sauce, salad, and a bite of the flourless chocolate cake. My husband is gluten and lactose intolerant, and they were able to accommodate that. Nice subtle decor; options for kids meals and very kind service. Because we were kind of a big party, we were seated in the middle of the kind-of-open dining area near the door (and it was freeeeezing outside, so there was a bit of a draft), so it wasn't cosy or private, but there might be better tables for that. Overall highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“1st try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

1st time there since it became Wine & Roses. Service was quick, food was good and hot, overall a nice time out with the family.

• Visited November 2013
Volusia County, FL
“Enjoyable Home-cooked Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Four of us enjoyed dinner on a sunny fall Sunday. The place is not very large...the living rooms of a converted house, tastefully decorated. Many of the menu items seem to remind one of cooking that one might make at home. For example, meatloaf, turkey dinner and more. Portions are plentiful. We each started with a cup of soup. I don't remember the second choice, but two had the bean and bacon. Very tasty. Soup was served with pesto rolls. So, one chose meatloaf, two had the turkey dinner and the final diner had the sirloin tips special. 3 of us took home leftovers. Well-prepared, very good service. Price per diner with tax and gratuity was about $25.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A Salute to One of the Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have visited Wine and Roses several times and I decided to write this review because of the consistent and excellent food and service. Broadalbin is out of the way but worth the trip. Their. menu is expansive and worth a look through their website. Burgers, wraps, brisket and buttermilk coated fried chicken are offered. Nightly dinner specials give the chef a chance to add some creative energy to the night's offerings. The homemade pesto muffins served warm from the oven always start the meal with a taste of the delights to follow. The mixed greens with a homemade white balsamic is delicious. On this visit I enjoyed a grilled porterhouse pork chop. It was about an inch thick, juicy, and flavorful with a peach/blueberry compote topping. Smashed sweet potatoes and vegetable medley with eggplant were excellent. My wife had the buffalo chicken wrap. The homemade dessert of an almond toffee muffin fresh from the oven with a caramel sauce and homemade whipped cream was a heavenly finish to our meal. Our waitress was informative and charming. I often wonder if I am eating at the same place that other trip advisor reviewers write about. I have visited early on weekdays and on the weekends. With every visit the restaurant quickly fills. The owner has come by several times to ask about our experience and she seems to genuinely appreciate our comments.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wineandroses101, Owner at Wine and Roses, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate it.
Shelly