“Nice staff - small rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brighton
Leander, Texas
“Nice staff - small rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed two nights basically a business trip. The staff was very nice especially the morning crew making sure the breakfast items were well stocked. Not a fancy place but everything just worked well.
The rooms were rather small with the sink right in the door way as you entered. If you want a clean, comfortable room with a nice breakfast this is a good selection.
We found the location to very handy - close to restaurants we wanted to try and close to the business i needed to do.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room. Not sure if there was an elevator or not.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Wacoton,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear that our location meet your needs and you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope that on your next trip to Rochester you choose to stay with us again.

Brian Ugorek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a return booking and despite the fact that I inadvertently booked the wheelchair accessible suite, my wife and I had a pleasant overnight stay. We very much enjoyed the generous and healthy breakfast choices and the eating area adjacent to the front desk is bright and cheery. There are lots of restaurants nearby as well as numerous shopping venues so a great stop-over location. Our room, while adapted to give extra space, was clean and comfortable. We would choose this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Connoisseur-of-Life,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that the room typed worked out for you in the end. I do hope that you will choose us again on your next stop over in Rochester. Thank you for your kind comments about our facility, I will pass it along to my staff.

Wesley Chapel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stay at this Comfort Inn whenever we are in Rochester to see relatives. The rooms are a bit small but are very clean and comfortable. Monroe Avenue has a lot to offer as far as shopping, dinning, etc. so you do not have to go far. You located in between Brighton and Pittsford. Hotel is right off the 490.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. We usually stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you stay with us whenever you’re in Rochester. Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you again!

Hsndjdjdjid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying here & it was awful the staff was rude very disrespectful and the Maneger Bryant very very disgusting rude unprofessional !!! Never come here with your family this place is invested with bugs,dead flys all over ants on second floor my room floors was sticky and had left over foods from the last guest !!!

• Stayed May 2014
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hdnjdid,

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I would love to discuss this further so I can get an understanding as to where we went wrong. I am sorry but this is the first I have heard of any of this and apparently I talked to you which is highly unlikely because If someone had an experience like you described I would remember that and would have made it right to you. Please feel free to reach out to me by email gm.ny357@choicehotels.com and we can go from there.

Hampstead, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a very nice stay. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable but had a very odd setup. The sink was right inside the room to the left...when I say right inside, I mean I the edge of the sink is against the hallway wall. This was fine for just me, but I could see it being a challenge if multiple people were coming and going. I asked the clerk about it and she said it was "European" style. Also the door to the bathroom was very narrow. On the upside, the room was not in need of updating like the ones I had stayed at in the Syracuse area. Also the bed was comfortable.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
James P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facility to be clean and well maintained. We do like to be different to make that memorable experience to our guests and I see that you found the sink to be that. I hope you will stop back to see us on your next trip back to Rochester.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a find! The rooms were spacious and ultra-clean. We had two double beds in a non-smoking room with an iron and ironing board, copious amount of towels, TV, fridge, free WI-fi, toiletries, hair dryer, etc. The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows each of varying softness. There was a buffet breakfast included of tea, coffee (regular and decaf), fruit, juices, pastries, muffins, toast, cereal, eggs and sausage patties. I may have forgotten something as there was so much choice. The staff was very friendly and the tables were constantly cleared and wiped for the next guests to use. We were even able to get a seniors' discount on the price of our room: one night = $91 split 2 ways! The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 is that there is no elevator (it's only two stories), but we were warned of that fact when we booked it and for us that was OK. Secondly, it's a bit south-east of central downtown Rochester, so that one would have to use the car to drive there.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that there was a swimming pool, but there is an exercise room that we didn't us...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
dkjames,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad to hear that our location worked well for your visit to Rochester. I hope that you will choose us again on your next trip to Rochester.

Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We needed to find a choice hotel to spend one Sunday night while in Rochester. This location was not too far from the restaurant we needed to find. We were attending a 40th Anniv. party for my cousin and it worked out well. The room was handicapped accessible and was huge. My only suggestion is that a comfortable upholstered chair be added for the comfort of travelers. Not everyone likes to sit on the bed to relax. Morning breakfast was a nice treat also.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Celtic1948,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am glad that our facility's location worked for you needs. I will see what we can do about the seating arrangements in the room. I hope you will stay with us again on your next travel to Rochester.

Brian Ugorek

Been to Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton? Share your experiences!