“Nice, clean room at least, I mean last.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brighton
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
“Nice, clean room at least, I mean last.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my daughters over their fall break. My room was very nice, the bed are comfy, but the sink is outside the bathroom just to the right of the entry door. You can't really use the sink without being exposed to the world if someone leaves or enters the room. I had two issues with this hotel. We left the hotel for several hours expecting our room to be cleaned when we returned. No. I called the front desk and was told that the housekeeper were still working on the rooms. We left again and returned 3 hours later and the room had not been touched. I then asked the housekeeper directly if she was going to clean my room. She appeared at the door about 45 minutes later and asked me what I wanted her to do. Really?
We had no clean towels, the bathroom had not been cleaned, etc. It was just bizarre. I mentioned this to the manager and the next day the room was immaculate when we returned. I gave this hotel another chance before I wrote a review because the last time I stayed here I overheard the manager cursing-f bombs and all (he was in the breakfast room and didn't realize I was there). We also had trouble with the AC, but that's another story.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Mizterrius,

Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. I am sorry about the confusion with the housekeeping staff we are in the process of training new staff members. I hope you will come back and try us again so we can give you the proper guest experience you would expect.

Brian Ugorek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were in Rochester for a marathon and decided to stay a bit further out rather than in the downtown area. This location is just off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping.
The staff was friendly and helpful, offering driving directions and getting a last minute cab. A problem with the TV was taken care of immediately. The room was quite small with such a tiny bathroom that the sink was part of the main room. But this room was clean and the shower was hot and had great water pressure. There was lots of storage area.
The breakfast area was large and clean. There were all the usual varieties of hot and cold cereal, make your own waffles, fruit and yogurt, breads, hot meats as well as juices, tea and coffee.
We would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarshaToronto,

Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that our property worked well for your travel needs, I hope to see you again when you are traveling through our town.

wtracing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I came into town for a wedding and decided to stay in a "suite" for the occasion. While the suite is really just a multi-room version of what every other room looks like, it was only a few dollars more than a standard room and quite a bit larger. The room was comfortable and had quality TVs in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom was very standard (certainly no upgrade over the standard room), but I did not like that the sink was outside the bathroom near the front door to the room. The bed was comfortable, but the only A/C in the suite was in the living room. I have no idea why there is no A/C in the bedroom as well, and it was a tad too warm all night because of this. Given the great price, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
wtracing,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that you like the space available in the suite for your needs. We are currently working a solution to the A/C in the bedroom section of the room. I hope to see you again on your next travel to Rochester.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night, when we checked in the front desk lady was extremely polite. I requested for a late check out & the asst. Manager let us stay until 1 pm. Breakfast was really good & the rooms were very clean. I forgot some stuff in the room after I checked out, the house keeper found it & came running to our car with it. If I ever visit Rochester I will definitly stay at this hotel & I would certainly recommend my friends & family to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amin G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that our level of service we provided was exceptional for you. I look forward to seeing you on a return trip to our area.

West Sussex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Never having stayed in a Comfort Inn before, this one would persuade us to again without hesitation. Our room was large and, although next to a main road, silent. Friendly staff and a well above average (free) breakfast provided in comfortable surroundings. Free wifi, easy parking and a range of places to eat nearby made this a great pick. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Garj,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I am glad you tried us out and was surprised and happy with the accommodations. I hope on your next travel through our town you will stay with us again.

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had 2 rooms for 1 night. This is easy to find off I590 & there are several places to eat close by. The wireless internet worked fine & there were refrigerators & microwaves in our rooms. Breakfast was very good with blueberry waffle mix, sausage, scrambled eggs & other hot items available in addition to the normal cold items. The staff was very friendly & the hotel was well kept. This is one of the better value hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester/Brighton, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
harryatkck,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that the breakfast was to your liking and you enjoyed our hotel. I hope on your next trip to the area you will stay with us again. Thank you.

Markham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night on Sept 5th with my daughter and son (2 rooms) in King and double. Adjoining rooms not possible in that configuration as all Kings on one side of the hall and doubles the other. They placed us across the hall from each other as per our prior online request. Comfortable beds, desk and free Wifi welcome. Refrigerator, hairdryer, ironing board, HD TV, clock radio, no room safe. Toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotion, no shower caps, though I suppose I could have asked for one at reception. The bathroom was clean and consisted of a toilet and bath/shower combination. The sink was in the room itself. Towels were fluffy and soft and plentiful. Linens on the bed were soft. Quiet room, except for the neighbour's alarm which went off every few minutes throughout the morning I was trying to relax before departure and when I asked. the maid told me she couldn't touch a guest's personal items to shut it off.
The breakfast was a step up from basic (I certainly wouldn't describe it as "spectacular" like a previous guest), the danish were small and hard, the muffins tiny and unfortunately had nuts which I couldn't eat (when are people going to clue in that nuts should not be a regular ingredient in food nowadays?). The yogurt was low cal (aspartame). There was bread for toasting, bagels, boiled eggs, sausages, juices and sugary cereals and some whole fruit in baskets. I didn't try these so can't review taste.Tables and breakfast set up were in the lobby part of the hotel.
All in all, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable room at a good value this is a good choice for you. We paid $75.00 per room plus tax on the CAA/AAA rate.
By the way, the Cheesecake Factory (which is a restaurant, not a bakery) is just down the street and a very good choice for dinner/meals. The meals are gargantuan, so you might consider sharing. Wegmans is also nearby and it has lots of options for meals/food/groceries including a Food Bar.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms don't overlook the parking lot. Beside interstate but very quiet.