“Delicious food, amateur service” 3 of 5 stars

631-537-0870
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: The opening of the Topping Rose House restaurant brings acclaimed chef Tom Colicchio’s seasonal American cooking to the East End. Located in Bridgehampton on the ground floor of a newly restored 1842 Greek revival mansion, the restaurant’s menu showcases produce from the inn’s one-acre farm, in addition to other products from local farmers, ranchers and day-boat fisherman.At Topping Rose House, Colicchio follows the tradition of his restaurants by honoring the best possible ingredients. The menu, under the guidance of chef de cuisine Ty Kotz, begins with first courses such as Burrata with Braised Zucchini, Lemon Thyme and Crispy Zucchini Blossoms, followed by pastas like and main courses including Roasted Saddle of Rabbit with Pickled Watermelon and Chanterelles. The dessert menu highlights local seasonal flavors with dishes such as Crème Fraiche Panna Cotta with Black Mint, Cornmeal Streusel and Sugar Plum Sorbet.The opening of the Topping Rose House restaurant brings acclaimed chef Tom Colicchio’s seasonal American cooking to the East End. Located in Bridgehampton on the ground floor of a newly restored 1842 Greek revival mansion, the restaurant’s menu showcases produce from the inn’s one-acre farm, in addition to other products from local farmers, ranchers and day-boat fisherman.
New York
“Delicious food, amateur service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have eaten twice at Topping Rose. The first time was shortly after it opened; the second time was this morning, for brunch. My comments concern this morning.

Let me start with the negatives: The service this morning was a bit of a disaster. No one really seemed to know what he or she was doing. When we arrived, there were a number of tables that had dirty dishes on them. We had to ask several people before we found someone who would show us to a table. We then sat for quite a while before we were offered water or menus, and even then, we had to request them. I had to ask three times before I got my coffee, and the coffee and water were refilled only when we asked. We had to wait quite a long time for our food, and, when it arrived, one item we ordered was missing, and one of our three entrees was cold. All around us, servers repeatedly served food to the wrong table. (And all this was despite the restaurant's being only half full.)

Now the positives: the food and coffee, when they arrived, were hot and excellent. The service was quite friendly, if unpolished for a restaurant at this price point.

I would come back, but I would hope fervently that the service is improved when I do.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We do apologize for the miscommunication and the concerns regarding your meal during your experience with us and want to assure you that this is not something that we take lightly. We have taken note of your comments/suggestions and are working to address those concerns with the team immediately.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at your convenience, at (631) 237-1946 or LLabadie@ToppingRoseHouse.com

We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Thank you.

73% Recommend
“Delightful dinner, fabulous wine list and discreet, knowledgeable staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the Owl multimedia installation at the Bar to the stand of flowers on a central round table that Americans do so well- the entire evening was just right. Food was delicious, interesting and well balanced so you get up from the table with all senses sated but not over indulged. Excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review.

We recognize that there are many wonderful dining options in the Hamptons, and for us to provide an experience that stands out to you makes us extremely proud.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Nutley, New Jersey
“Amazing Food, Amazing Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have to say that the food and environment of the Topping Rose House was beyond exceptional! I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a meal they will not forget. The staff was so pleasent and management went above and beyond to make sure everyone was enjoying their dinner. The aged striploin left my mouth watering even after I was done.

Visited May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for taking the time to share your comments with us. We will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team.

We hope to have you visit us again soon!

Nutley, New Jersey
“One of the best meals I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have to say Topping Rose House was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The food was amazing and the staff was even better. I loved the whole atmosphere and the fact that the manager came around to see how our visit was, was very warming. I would recommend Topping Rose House to anyone who is looking for a great place to visit and I will most definitely be returning!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review regarding your dining experience with us. We truly value and appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests in order to improve. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

We look forward to having you join us again soon!

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Beautiful environment with great service. Food was delicious! Roasted chicken and sausage!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your experience with us.

We are delighted that you chose to dine with us and look forward to having you join us again soon!

Best,