“Quaint Upstate Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Staten Island, New York
“Quaint Upstate Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went to visit friends and needed a cheap yet clean room for the night and Heidi's more than fit the bill. Made of all 1st floor rooms through several buildings set in a large wooded area it is definitely a perfect spot for a quick getaway from the city. With a great Mexican restaurant walking distance away and a cool Sunday flea market up the road on 22 we had plenty to do the next day. Minor beefs was the keyed door, too few pillows and blankets, and rather thin continental breakfast. These minor beefs are not enough for my wife and I not to make this our Putnam County antique hunting go to lodge.

Room Tip: King size bed / non-smoking got us up in the back. Much nicer there than on the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were attending a family reunion in Katonah and need a place to stay for Saturday night. In order to avoid the I-84 construction , we booked 9 rooms at Heidi's and I would say we were all satisfied. We were almost all (*8 of 9" rooms) on the hill. The breakfast was cereal, pastries and raisin toast, but they were quick to point out the diner up the road which was great. They let us check out late on Sundayand we all sat in their solarium and enjoyed the nice view and coffee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of Heidi's. It was a pleasure to have your group stay with us. I hope you will be our guest again soon.
Florida, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My most recent stay at Heidi's was quite enjoyable(This will be my 5th stay with them). The staff are always attentive and pleasant. This family owned motel is presently refreshing the rooms which are large and accommodating. If you're looking for a more personalized stay ,not the run of the mill "cookie cutter" chain motels, you have found it! They have a quite a few suites with full kitchens,the beds are comfortable,and the showers are hot! The staff welcomed my dogs with a smile and there is a large grassy yard off to the side where we walked. Upon arrival, the receptionist made sure my dogs were on flea prevention to insure the cleanliness of the room. THANK YOU ! Of all the places I have stayed, no one has ever been that thorough regarding the pets that stay in their rooms! Their location provides a easy drive to the city, restaurants are close ,and there is a paved biking trail within minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Torrington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I read all of the reviews and wanted to love this motel, Check in was easy and very friendly. The lobby looked clean and inviting.
However the room we were given smelled musty and possibly of smoke ( I have asthma so am sensitive to this) ,there were holes in the door and in general it was not a nice room. I went to the desk to make sure we were given a non-smoking room and she said that we were. I left the lobby with the thought that we might have to leave. But when back in the room the nice women in the lobby called and said that she spoke with the owner and was told they would give us a larger double room at no extra charge, she apologized for the inconvenience. The second room was brighter and nicer, there was still a slight musty smell but realize that it is due to the carpets being older, I think they should be removed. the bathroom, sheets and everything else in this room was very clean. the pool was too cold for my husband and daughter but it is an outdoor pool so understandable. The breakfast was no frills but decent. The Mexican restaurant next door was fabulous! All staff very friendly. If I found out the carpets where replaced with new carpets I would stay there again as it is convenient to many things we do in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a front porch sitting area and not to close to the road as there is traffic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Heidi's Inn. The room that you stayed in has new carpet and padding installed less than four months ago. I hope you will stay with us again.
Stouffville, ON, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

All we wanted was a basic place to sleep near where a friend lives, but Heidi's Inn is much more than that. It's spread out on a large beautifully landscaped site, with picnic tables, a ping-pong table, an outdoor pool, and flower-lined paths and steps. Our room was huge, clean, and luxurious; it felt more like a well-appointed summer cottage than a motel room. The lobby in the main building is part sunroom with tables, and part stone fireplace with sofas in front. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The next morning we skipped the offered breakfast, in favour of going a mile north on 22 to the family-style Seven Stars restaurant. Altogether, the whole experience was a very pleasant highlight of our trip. If we're ever in the area again, we'll definitely go back to Heidi's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel to Westchester, NY several times a year, specifically Yorktown, and I was looking for a motel or hotel there and there are none. The closest one I could find was in Brewster, NY. I saw Heidi's on the Internet and saw another motel in Brewster on the Internet but Heidi's looked nicer, so I decided to check out Heidi's. Much to my delight, Heidi's was delightful. Brewster is not too far from Yorktown and that is where I stay every time I go to Westchester, NY. I am quite comfortable there and the price is right, too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Monteverde, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our car broke down at night along I-84 and we were towed to the nearest hotel/motel, which happened to be Heidi's Inn. The person on duty was super helpful and accommodating, and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were nice, much nicer than typical motel rooms. The breakfast was a bit lacking, but the kids enjoyed the pool and all-in-all it was a very pleasant stay. The folks at Heidi's really came through for us when we needed it the most.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Heidi's Inn? Share your experiences!