“What's a nice restaurant like you doing in a place like this?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 48 restaurants in Brewster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“What's a nice restaurant like you doing in a place like this?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Cleverly hidden in a Brewster strip-mall within a pitching wedge of a McDonald's. Yee-gads. Yet another oasis lurking in the fog of a culinary waste land. Some of the best Italian food I've ever eaten. Aversano's gets crowded for a reason. Bring a hearty appetite and prepare yourself for bold flavors and fresh ingredients. If you select one of their tantalizing appetizers, you can probably forget about dessert. Choose wisely. I eat here often and have never been disappointed. Impeccable wait staff, highly professional. The owner / chef is always present and he runs a class operation. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Stop eating junk and dine here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Menu not etched in stone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

AVERSANO'S was a foodie's delight. The owner/chef came out to discuss our choices for dinner. He had made suggestions for my entree to modify it to my taste. Special sauce, hot peppers, and pasta (no increase in price) that was different than what was on the menu. Then came back to see if how I liked it. Was offered an after dinner drink, but declined as I was driving. Always nice to get such attention. Needless to say the dish was excellent. Service was good, not over the top, but quite adequate. The rear wall of dining room was nice stone. Would have been even nicer if a portion of it was a recirculating water flow over it. Not a waterfall - too noisy and splashing, just a water flow. That is just a personal observation. Definitely will go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Patterson, New York
“Good food and reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Specials a plus. Nice size plates with lots of food. Value is the key and quality food. Always busy with small bar to await a table. Reservations accepted but usually still a short wait after 7.

Visited May 2013
New York
“Good food, not so good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son was home from college for two days and we wanted to grab a dinner out one night. There are not many Italian/pizza places open on Monday nights in the area and this is one of his favorites. First, the pizza and food is excellent. As someone else said, the specials can be pricey, and the main dishes are $2-$3 more than other local places, but I don't mind paying for good food and good service.

What really annoyed me was the service. The restaurant was not crowded. We walked in and waited by the hostess stand. After about 5 minutes, the bartender told us we could sit anywhere, except the side/back room since they had a large group coming in. We sat at a table near the bar.

One of the bus boys (there were about three) brought us water. We waited a few minutes and got menus. We waited another five minutes to order and finally the bartender came over to take our order (sort of rushing around between serving other tables). So, there were three bus boys and one bartender/waiter (with 5 people at the bar).

The food took quite a while to come, which I was surprised since the restaurant only had about 4 tables seated and the large party in the next room was still assembling. I was pretty sure I was supposed to get a salad, but there was no menu nearby to check and I couldn't flag down the waitress/bartender...anyway, I was already eating my pasta.

Again, the food is delicious, but I felt like we were totally ignored and almost an inconvenience (she had to run back and forth from the bar to the tables) to get help. The funny thing is there were these three bus boys who seemed more than capable of helping out if they could have. Have one of them wait tables for the night if you are short staffed.

We finally paid and took our leftovers and my to go order for my husband. When I got home and unwrapped it for him, guess what...he got a salad! That answered my question. I will definitely still go there to pick up pizza and food to go, but there are too many other local restaurants who want to service you. I was disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pawling, New York
“Too Big for their Britches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Went for dinner with my inlaws. They apparentley had a party that was leaving and were unable to seat us. We decided to wait since we were there first and figured they would seat us first. Other customers started to come in. After about 20 minutes they started seating. They seated several 2 seat tables before us and then seated a 4 person group(two of whom were small children) that had come in after us. After several more minutes the hostess finally approached us and told us there were no seates available and since they had other reservations for an hour later they would not serve us. So, they make us wait 40 minutes with two elderly people only to seat others before us and tell us they cant serve us. I have had bad service there in the past, but the food is pallatable which is rare for the Brewster area, but this is just rude and unprofessional. I will not go there any more, not even for a slice. I have been a customer of theirs for years, but they have clearly gotten too big for their own good and the service and quality of food has suffered

We wound up going to the new Grill restaurant at Clocktower and that food and service was excellent

• Visited March 2013