“Another Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse

You added Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse to your Saves list
Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5552 Bartell Road, Brewerton, NY 13029 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewerton
“Another Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

As usual the people at this hotel have gone out of their way to make my stay pleasant and comfortable. I have stayed here many times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. I am a fisherman and I stay here because of it's proximity to Oneida shores park. Of particular interest to all fisherman with boats and trailers is that this hotel has provided electrical receptacles in each of the parking lot light post to charge boat batteries. For those concern about security the exterior of the building is keep under constant watch by video camera located throughout the parking lot.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I absolutely love this hotel !! All the remodeling looks amazing since I have stayed there many times over the years its only gotten better! Nice clean quiet rooms with friendly staff and great breakfast. I would strongly recommend staying with days inn Brewerton for a wonderful nights sleep :)

• Stayed June 2012
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After two awful experiences under the old management of this hotel, we were prompted to try it again under the new management (and a bad experience at another hotel in Cicero). What an amazing transformation! I couldn't even believe this was the same hotel. First, we were greeted every day that we stayed by the most friendly and professional staff, and check-in/check-out was swift and easy. The hotel was spotless, inside and out and you can see that the staff really cares. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable. GOOD JOB to the team and new management. Keep up the good work! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atkinson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The place was spotless and the staff was efficient and friendly. Very fast check in and check out. We would definitely stay there again. The only odd thing was that I found a good rate on Orbitz, but I hadn't used Orbitz before ( and was a little leery), so I called the desk directly to see if they could match it. They couldn't- I had to go through Orbitz. So, I did, and everything worked out fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
1,710 reviews 1,710 reviews
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently for a golf tournament, and I was kind of disappointed at what I got for the price. I will admit that the price for the room ($145) was jacked up because of a local "Nationals" car show that was in town. But in my opinion, if they are going to jack the price up that high, then they are going to get compared to other hotels of the same price, and they just can't match up. BTW, they did reduce the rate to $118 because of my military ID, but even that was high for the quality of the room.

This hotel isn't "bad," nor is it dirty. But it certainly doesn't shine, either. The rooms and the bathrooms have no feel of luxury, and very little in the way of accessories that you'd normally get at this price. The room had no refrigerator, no microwave, and a below-average television. The shower in the bathroom was acceptable, and they do put out shampoo and soap for those who need it. The beds were pretty comfortable, so that was a plus.

Outside the room, the parking lot was COMPLETELY inadequate to handle the number of cars, and guests had to park in the fire lane rather than leave their cars out on the highway. I'm not sure what they can do about that, because there were no other adjoining "overflow" lots. (Note - I did not look in back of the hotel, but I don't believe there were extra spots back there.

The breakfast in this place is there. That's about all I can say for it...it exists. They do have a waffle-making machine, and a collection of cold muffins. Besides that, none of the regular breakfast food that you'd expect to see in a restaurant of this price is there. If you want an egg, or a breakfast sandwich, or a bit of fruit (besides a banana), they didn't have it. Once again, it was OK, but not for the price paid.

BTW, the service at the front desk was friendly - no problem there.

I would not go back to this hotel willingly unless the price was reduced to match that of a comparable hotel. I would, however, sleep here if every place else was filled.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Brewerton hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Hotel is perfect location. Close to lake. I was there to fish so it was excellent. Jessica at the front desk is fab and will take care of all your needs.

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We so happy to see you enjoyed the newly renovated Days Inn Brewerton, NY! Please visit again when you are in town for fishing. My staff and I are more than happy to be of service to you after long days of fishing.

Jessica Morey
Ransomville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Got there and the check in desk was cluttered with junk. Things piled up on it because they were painting the walls. Room was a dump. To make it worse. The air didn't work in our room!!! We told them about it and they told me to " turn the knob to cool " not just the fan. I did, It didn't work! We had to spend 2 days in a sweltering room. couldnt sleep at night it was so hot and stuffy. Windows aren't made to open. They did nothing about it. Would have left but all hotels were booked for a big car show in area. Complaints written to corporate were adressed with a "sorry...please stay again" Never Again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hello,

We are very sorry for the condition the hotel was in during your stay. We tried our best to keep all public areas clean and clutter free while we renovated the WHOLE HOTEL. Unfortunately, with the time frame we had to finish the renovation it did get a bit eye sore to look at on some days and we do apologize for that. I would like to let you know that the hotel is now completely finished with all renovations and the hotel is like new including the Air-units in each guest room. We hope in the future you give the hotel another chance now that the renovations have been completed. To see the completely renovated hotel please go to www.brewertonhotel.com.

Jessica Morey

Been to Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse? Share your experiences!