“A good place for families” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“A good place for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I dined here last night with my husband, two teenage sons, my brother and his wife. It is a good place to get together with large family groups. The menu has a variety to appeal to different tastes and they don't make you feel rushed. They do not take reservations and on weekend evenings there can be a wait for a table. My dad, who is very fussy, had a shrimp cocktail that he enjoyed and the prime rib which he also thought was very good. That in itself made my night, no complaints from Dad! I had the chicken parm which is good, a huge portion, but my pasta was overdone. The house italian on my salad could have used a bit less garlic. Glad my husband ate it too! My boys were happy with their veal parm and my sister in law's shrimp scampi looked great. My brother had no complaints about his ribeye. My husband had the strip sizzler, he thought it was oversalted, he didn't read that it had been marinated. They are known for their homemade pies, I had my heart set on the banana cream, but they were out. Really, we were there for 5pm? They were also out of Chocolate cream, which disappointed my brother. He had the coconut cream instead, which he must have liked because he finished it and the pieces here are huge! I had the orange cream, it was ok. Not as good as the banana.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Syracuse, NY
“D G's is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

This place is a find, everything is homemade. We have always had a great meal there and you have to try the homemade deserts they are the best.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“So many choices! Delicious and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

If you can't find something you'll like on their menu, then something is seriously wrong with you. They have an awesome menu and their food is really, really good. Prices are very reasonable. After you go there, you'll know why the parking lot always has cars in it. It's a must go to restaurant. It's casual and good!